1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Endurance Series

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by gpstar748, Nov 24, 2018.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Who's planning on racing? We need more big bikes on the grid!

Wheel Bearing and adio1dog like this.
  2. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Not a big bike but setting mine up for the 200, so I might get some people together for a round or 2 like VIR and PIRC. See when the schedule comes out.

JJJerry and tawzx12r like this.
  3. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Planning on participating and being faster next year.

4. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

That's a solid plan.

MXjunky likes this.
  5. gpstar748

You need a new tank yet?? :)

6. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

WER1 will be back next year on the big bike! We only made the PIRC round, but had a lot of fun. Looking forward to next year. Hopefully, I can mod up the spare tank I have and be a little more competitive. If you haven't tried it, you are missing out. You've got all different skill levels and different machinery all circulating at the same time. You have plenty of little battles throughout the race and a real sense of accomplishment when it's over. See everyone in June!

MXjunky likes this.
  7. tdelegram

Our bulbous one of a kind Chris Parrish creation is just fine.

TLR67 likes this.
  8. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

If I can I will try to pick up another SV so my team can try it again. Hopefully we wont spend 45min of the race with a intermittently sputtering bike if we do it again next time. I would really like to give it another go with a properly running bike.

tawzx12r likes this.
  9. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

I don’t even ride I just lurk here so I feel like I do

10. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

Are older bikes competetive ? I have 94 YZF Yamamonster. Or a FZR400

11. tdelegram

Quick Consistent lap times, good pit stops and minimal mistakes go a long way.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd have to RTFRB to see if the 400 was LW legal. Either way, neither bike is likely to win its class without really fast riders and really good pit stops. Doesn't matter- the best thing about endurance is you'll always have SOMEBODY to race with on track, in your class or not...not to mention the $ per lap value.

13. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member

14. 90kacoupe

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FZR400 is absolutely LW legal.

16. 90kacoupe

Just because Mark and I have talked about it.. Would a RZ be legal? We think it would be fun but I know it would be a little off pace for LW. But I would love to make a two stroke go the distance.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I want to see the tiny little oil dump can....:D

rcarson15 and cajun636 like this.
  18. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

My friend Dan Schmidt had a little oil dump can using a quick disconnect fitting that was used for adding about a 1/2 quart of engine oil to an endurance bike for really long races. It was air charged to shove the oil in quicker.

ChemGuy, DucatiBomber and cajun636 like this.
  19. gpstar748

schedule looking light...

are they all 4 hour events? really disappointing...

20. 90kacoupe

Hahaha. It would definitely be premixed but that would be funny. I have an extra set of cylinders I have thought about doing an endurance top end. Since I own an SV this would be silly really. But it would be fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk