1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beto for president?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 2, 2019.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Something to ponder, if 'Beto' runs for president how many states will require his legal name only on the ballot? I think Alabama allows nicknames but there are states that don't. If he has to be on as Robert O'Rourke does that impact his vote tally?

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I can assure you he was going to use Robert in Massachusetts anyway.

Beto is for Arizona, Texas and New Mexico.

:)

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. sheepofblue

Yes but can the snowflake army translate and get name recognition....

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Robert Portman ran as Rob Portman for something here in Ohio this past fall. I am sure there are loads of politicians who use their shortened names. Not sure what the rules about presidential vs senate/house/congress candidates are though.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Last I checked, no conservative would be likely to confused Rob and Robert, or even Robby Bobby. Beto isn't even close.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just what is a Beto? Is it like an Alpho, Gammo or Delto? o_O

K51000 and Killswitch like this.
  7. sheepofblue

Beto is a nickname something not all states allow. For instance it is common here to see someone run as "Coach ____" for a school board slot since nicknames are allowed here. I think everywhere allows you to use a legal but shortened name. Thus Barack could not run as Benny but could run as Barack or Barack Hussien. Or Donald, DJ Donald J or Don but not Donito :beer: Though as I say in Alabama he could run as Donito :crackup:

8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Hey Austinites, and others in the know,
    Isn't the the same guy that I saw over 35 yrs ago in Austin Music scene,
    the longhaired headliner for a band called:

Beto and the Fairlanes? Or Beto and the Fabulous Fairlanes?

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The letters B, E, T and O all appear in his name. Plus, you can probably campaign on whatever name you want. It's likely just a law about how it appears on the ballot.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Bad Brains and another band called Swedes.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I believe it comes from Roberto...Beto is better than Berto. Cause of his Mexcian heritage. You know. From the famous mexican O'Rourke's. :rolleyes:

Also I'm shocked and suprised no one has called him out on 'cultural appropriations' for using a mexican slang name. :rolleyes:

Killswitch likes this.
  12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, also Beto and the Fairlanes @ 1980?

The rules don't apply to demoncraps, they can, and do get away with whatever they want. AKA- Killary Clinton

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Whatever. He’s an white American with Irish descent trying to pander to the Hispanic community. His nickname makes it even worse.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

What benefited him in El Paso wont be such a help on the national stage.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not for that party this go-round. Maybe a couple of election cycles ago, but not this time.

For the 2020 Dem candidate, he has insufficient dermal melanin, and is guilty of the crime of penis possession.

sharkattack and K51000 like this.
  16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

They did on twitter, but the resistance warriors in the media did their best to shield him from it.

K51000 likes this.
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Did he grow up in the Bronx as well?

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Can guarantee you the nickname likely came from either their hispanic nanny and/or house-help......

White people don't generally attach a latin-ish nickname to their kids......please.

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

As well as who? J-Lo?

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

I still don't know who/what it is.