1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

That's pretty much the response that I expected. :moon:

:D

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Im bad enough to myself about spending money on shit i dont NEED, like watches. And now i have too much oney in the bank to start looking at houses so I dont need you...coming here...showing me awesome Speedy's.....damn....is that all they are...hmmm....no no no....

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Glad that I could help... :D

4. ChemGuy

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Dick.
    That is all :D

Tell JLo hi.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

That Explorer II is a solid deal. Most of them I see under 5k are a bit beat and no papers. I bet he would take 7000aud shipped which is a hair over 4900.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Ok guys, I'm getting close to being serious about a Hamilton and need to know where to buy. I actually went into the local store and put it on, but I need to decide between AD and online. I have my eye on one that's almost $1K retail, but can be had for about $600 on Joma.

8. ChemGuy

Ive never used them (just havent bought any new ones in a while) but plenty here swear by Joma. I cant remember if the Joma warranty is factory or them (ie grey market)

Now which Hammy you looking at?

9. rogers1323

10. ChemGuy

11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I’ve been lusting after this Hamilton lately. Wanting to check it out in person before I buy one though.

Attached Files:

12. ChemGuy

Thats what i thought. That price point is a pretty good difference and Joma has a good rep, I wouldnt worry too much.

Also did you know they recently released a no day/date 50mm pilot in a limited edition. The numbers are 1mm of superluminova. Its a massive watch.

Theres a BNIB one on WUS for like $750 or something...

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Here's my collection...... 001.JPG

Phl218 and cha0s#242 like this.
  14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have not used Joma but I know a bunch of people who have. I have never heard of any problems. I have owned a couple of Hamilton's and have beat the crap out of a Hamilton Khaki. I have never had any need for warranty, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I used Jomas for quite a few watches under a grand and no complaints what so ever with them.

I wouldn't use them for something like a Rolex but I would and have bought a hamilton or two from them.

Does Jomas have the one you want? How was your AD? Did you talk pricing with them?

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I did use joma for a Tag F1. Didnt have any issues, but they do spam your email.

17. rogers1323

I haven't done anything through Jewelry stores before, so I don't really have a comparison point. The lady that helped me was nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. At least as far as I can tell she was. I didn't go into pricing at all because I knew I wasn't buying at that moment. I know they won't on something like a Rolex, but do ADs usually have pretty good negotiation room?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some do especially on watches that are not exactly flying out the door. What other brands they sell?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  19. rogers1323

Citizen, Hamilton, Longines, Omega, TAG, Breitling, Rolex

Fink's Jewelers - looks like they have some stores in VA as well. It appears that Jared carries them in town as well.

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I’m lucky to have a bad ass local place that has a huge selection and deals on their watches.