1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just callin' it like I see it. Perhaps, if this story were related in more detail, I could bow to your expertise. Until then, I have no use for any agency when they start sending it. Nothin' personal.

2. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I’ve responded. A 3-4 hundred round firefight is not something that should be considered in the ranking qualifications for gear IMHO.

I don’t know a leo that carries 300- 400 rounds on them.

Hell I didn’t carry that much on me overseas.

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Not sure what the debate is here.
    These Agencies set a standard they want their weapons to meet.
    Why anyone would argue for less is beyond me.
    Edit- As if they care what anyone’s opinion on the BeeB is. LMAO

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. wsmc 589

Oh no debate. Just curious more than anything.

PM me the details if you don’t mind if you get them. I test a lot of cans and weapons for work so it’s just more informational for me.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Beyond this expanded discussion This whole topic came up because of the LMT CSW discussion.
    I mentioned the heat issue.
    The most obvious issue with using any sound suppressor under a handguard is heat.
    The marketing manager at LMT CSW is on record saying this is not a battle rifle but instead a specific-use weapon meant to fire a limited amount of rounds in specific scenarios.
    That’s why I said I wasn’t sure what market they were focusing on.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

And my comments were directed at any civilian agency that felt a need to blast enough rounds to heat a gun beyond having to wearing gloves.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  7. wsmc 589

Oh I agree. A can under the rail after a mag.... you could cook hotdogs on that thing lol!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  8. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

I have heard of the military doing heat tests for suppressed weapons. Specifically, the SURG testing that Sig was able to win because of their polymer based mesh covering their suppressor. I have, however, never heard of any LEO testing for heat.

I too, would be interested to hear more.

That being said, when I get the LMT, I’ll do a direct comparison of heat buildup with my DD V7p with Trash Panda for curiousity’s sake. Both are 300 bo. I really don’t give two shits about it, as I don’t plan on mag dumping on hogs or for home defense, but it will be interesting to see if the integral design dissipates heat better than a conventional one.

Stay tuned.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Glock 43x and 48. Lower is the same, holds ten rounds. Uppper/barrel length is the only difference between the two.. Slim, singelish stack. 48 is just about the same footprint as a 19, slightly wider by a few mm than a 43.

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dammit. I want the longer grip on my 43

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

To each their own but WTF. I thought Glock was going to lay down a geniuine competitive piece size wise to the 365? Fail. Same frame of single stack 10 rounds that the 48 uses to print significantly more than a 365 or regular 43? Double fail. 48 is simply a single stack and barely thinner holding 5 less rounds than a regular 19? Glock will sell tons I'm sure but they're squirming with this crap. If CZ made a mini P01 Omega of the 43/365 size with a 10 round mag...game over.

blkduc likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Glocks sell because they’re reliable as a hammer.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  13. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

I have an idea for a coffee can suppressor that fits both handguns and rifles. After firing the weapon, quickly install the suppressor back on the Honda Civic exhaust pipe tip and drive away.

Plz, don't steal my idea.

14. shakazulu12

I'm thinking the new Glocks were really built just for appendix carry which seems to be taking off as a method of carry with all the tacticool holsters coming out for it. Grip length is less of an issue, and in some cases, a longer barrel is actually more comfortable.

It's a little perplexing either way to me, but that's the best idea I can come up with. That said, based on responses on the shooting forums, it looks like they will once again be printing money, so there is that. I don't think they can physically make a competitor to the 365 simply due to the fact that the reason why Glocks are usually so fat is that they use a polymer mag with a metal lining. They are way thicker than metal mags and I don't think they want to redesign their mag system to go another direction.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hate to admit this since I used to think 9mm was for girls, demirats and europeans and .45 acp was all that mattered but I'm opening my mind just a bit. Girls, demirats, europeans and for those rare times you want/need a higher capacity.

10mm/ .40 is still for the bi round confused. :D

16. shakazulu12

Hmm, not sure what to say if these dimensions are right. The 43x will likely be the same height as the 48 and length of a 43. The magazines will not work in a 43 though. That said, the rear corner of the 19 slides always what prints for me, and Glock usually posts their width numbers from the frame, not the slide. The 43 slide is a lot slimmer than a 19. I think a 19S would actually be more ideal, but doubt the frame rails are the same width.

[​IMG]

17. shakazulu12

I think .45 is going to make a comeback as more and more states start capping mags at 10 rounds. I already think that's going to happen in my home state in 2019.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You think mag capacity is going to go here in Oregon?
    PM me if it's too dungeon-y.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You joke, but back in the day it wasn't uncommon to use a small engine muffler as a suppressor for backwoods poaching.

superdino likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

people used to use plastic bottles, potatoes and all kinds of shit and claimed it worked.