1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#metoo hypocrisy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 19, 2018.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

After reading that, you've got to be f'ing kidding me. A super common phrase now costs someone their job and is listed as "sexual harassment". This world is going full on crazy.

4. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

OK super common, yea, but that's never been acceptable in a co-ed business situation. Hell, I'm as crass as they come and wouldn't ever use that phrase, especially in front of someone bucking for my job. Dude was an idiot.

SuddenBraking and G 97 like this.
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Smart to use that phrase? Not really, plenty of others that would convey the same message. However, this has the stench of snowflake safe space written all over it. Grow up and do your damn job. If someone offends you, well, continue growing up and continue doing your damn job.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The strange irony here is that EA has become the bastard redheaded stepchild of the gaming industry as of late and there's lots of gamers that aren't exactly unhappy about this as they are wanting to see EA suffer a slow (or fast) painful death.

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I unknowingly went on a date with a snowflake.

She spent 10 minutes telling about women’s inequality in her work place and how she was in a meeting and had s great idea and how they show it down because she’s a woman....I said, really? It couldn’t have been because they didn’t like the idea, or even just you? Not you as a woman but you?? It didn’t fucking dawn on her...

I said, “if It was a white male getting the exact same response and treatment what flag would he be flying right now?”
    Cuz you’re a woman you automatically think it’s cuz you’re a woman, if he was black he’d be flying the racist card. Lazy way of thinking IMO.

You can guess how the rest of the evening went.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Liberal snowflake women aren't really attracted to their corresponding liberal snowflake soy boy counterparts. No matter how much they might protest on the surface or how blue their hair is dyed and how unshaved their pits might be, they cannot override their innate biological instincts that subconsciously attract them to the very opposite of what they claim they would be attracted to. Women are attracted to domineering, confident and assertive dudes....not wishy-washy effeminate hipsters and soy boys.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It isn't just lazy, it's a built-in excuse for when they fail.
    It isn't because they were found lacking, it's because they are female or black or trans or Ocasio-Cortez or whatever.
    It's never their fault.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You forgot Obamacare.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What does Obamacare have to do with this?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Random victim mentality observation.

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

They have to post the excuse so you can see who will be blamed by the victims

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fuck that, it should be a common phrase in a co-ed or any business situation. It is absolutely clear what it means and if anything is degrading to men not women.

crashman likes this.
  15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The problem IMO isn't that he used the phrase, or that the entitled bitch called it sexual harassment, it's that the company agreed with her and showed him the door over something as asinine as this. This person has also signed her own walking papers as no one will want to work with her, ever.

crashman likes this.
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Exactly. What gets me is that there is no way anyone that sensitive could get as high as she is in a company so it is obviously a scabby tactic to discredit her competition. Hopefully karma catches up to her.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is your assertion that talking about who has the bigger male sexual organ on a conference call is perfectly normal behavior that wouldn't get you disciplined/terminated at most companies?

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Lets see whose got the perkier tits in the room sound better and more inclusive?

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think you should try each on your next two conference calls and report back :D

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

If he was actually comparing Johnson sizes, sure. But to use a common phrase used regularly to highlight competition is not the same thing, and you know it.