1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 North Central thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 18, 2018.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

Nothing too much to add to what has been said but I will add my opinion that T3 CW has been getting worse over the years. The off camber drop off, all sealer surface makes it pretty slick and not a fun corner. The opposite way can be a blast leaned over the grass coming up the hill. That probably breaks the tie for me. Prefer CCW

As for Nelson, the repave should be a blast to finally ride again. What was the question again?

2. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Since CCS might not run Road America, can we get a WERA Road America? This Blackhawk region is going to be repetitive

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nelson is nothing like when we were last there.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We don't have any air fence for Nelson at this point but fund raisers and getting some sections might not be a bad idea.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ever wonder why they might not run Road America? :D With even less WERA racers over that way I don't know that we could pay the bills either...

6. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

I'm in on $$fence raiser.
    Minis at Nelson this year?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes on minis for sure at Nelson. They need some big track chances up in that area.

8. LossPrev

Yeah.... I know it's crazy expensive to rent the place but it's our "premier" track up here and seems crazy to have no racing there. Thought if you made it a big event to draw some national folks it might work out.

Thanks for listening to me bitch about the competiting org lol

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would absolutely love to run there. Never been because we don't run there which is just sad given it is Road America and I've been working races for more than 30 years and full time in racing for 27. But keeping WERA alive trumps what I want most days :D

uswjmc22 likes this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

And some, lots?, of this is on the tracks as well. If they don't want motorcycle racing and keep the rates high then there won't be any. It's a shame since the car guys pay way more so they get used to that level of money. But the cars also tear the surface up way more than bikes. Just on that we should get a lot lower rates.

11. LossPrev

That's a good point about the wear and tear. I also heard from someone that heard from someone we caused a lot of additional fees to get charged because we left shit behind and what not. So while I don't blame CCS, I'm not sure how well running 5 Blackhawk rounds + one Autobahn (that is usually terrible weather in April) is going to work out for them. Chicken or Egg scenario

Ideal scenario is one org running an Autobahn, Grattan, Gingerman, Blackhawk, Road America with maybe a sprinkle of Putnam or partnering for BIR(like CCS does now). Sean sorry for going off on a tangent in this thread but I'm guessing most people already answered your question that were going to.

12. MikeB68

MikeB68 Active Member

both ways on grattan. new schedule looks awesome. one question. what is minis at nelson ledges?

13. MikeB68

MikeB68 Active Member

think i answered my own stupid question. Mini bikes? :)

14. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Yup. I plan to run my YZ85 minitard. Gonna mount a tank bag with my knitting
    to pass the time between the carousel and the kink.

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

We used to do minis there with our local series...we would go out for the hot lap and the green flag would be waving as we came out of 13. If you kept the bikes small enough you could do CCW at this track, it’s very bizarre to ride it backwards.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wait you guys are adding more Grattans and the Sledges right? So you have less WERA racers in the area? And don't I remember that like 5 or less years ago you didn't even have Grattan rounds? So I see it that the region/area is coming back which is good news! :clap:

And I would REALLY be surprised if CCS didn't do Road America as it is a staple for them every year for what 20 plus years?

17. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Grattan's always been there...

JJJerry likes this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

When I was living in the ATL back around 06 I thought Grattan was not on the schedule for like 2 years or so?

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

moby at nelson.jpg

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, you were just too busy to notice. Never had a year without a Grattan.