1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what's going on with Kurtis Roberts.

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Yeah, just scrolled through Kurtis's Newsfeed. Yeesh!

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone up for a Gofundme to help the guy out a little?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Motion, it's time for me to be the dick you all accuse me unwarranted and maliciously.

No.

Why? Can't help someone who doesn't want it until they want it. It seems he needs help but throwing cash at the problem won't solve the problem.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If the guy's been whacked on the head too many times, then there's not a lot he can do to help himself. If his asshole dad is making his life rough then its time for other friends to step in. Cant help but feel really badly for the guy, especially at this time of the year.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

His Dad can be an asshole no doubt but how much of what is being posted is facts and how much of it is thought to be facts.

Blah blah blah, three sides to every story and all that shit.

Not taking sides, not saying anyone is lying or any of that just throwing it out there.

CRA_Fizzer and SteveThompson like this.
  6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't want to jump on any bandwagon, good or bad. However I'm with Dave. If he has no plan and is living with an illness, giving him money does nothing but allows him more time in that situation. It's why I will never give a handout to a beggar, only food.

joedogR6 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone got in touch with him yet?

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Are we 100% its illness and not just crazy. I would like to think he would and should of had plenty of friends to catch him on the way down if he was as nice as a guy as every here thinks or says he is.

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm thinking maybe his wacko dad's DNA made him, and then broke him...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    ToofPic likes this.
  10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Didn't Kurtis physically attack his dad back in 2016, he was living on KR property back then.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Mental illness is a serious illness. Just because someone isn't wearing a cast doesn't mean that something isn't broken. And hindsight is 20/20, etc. Falling through the cracks can happen to anyone, and the signs aren't always obvious during the descent.

t500racer, Scott S., Jedb and 2 others like this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

allegedly

vizsladog likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Plus, he's a ginger. So theres that.

condon66 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

So it’s confirmed that he has CTS or is suffering from mental illness.

Has anyone directly contacted him?

Speculating over anything at this point is plain silly.

15. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

Hopefully he turns it around.
    His last lap ride at Willow to win the 2000 AMA Supersport Championship was epic.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

By whom?

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Exactly. By no one. Only bbs speculation.

I hate it when people don’t know but have to fill in the blank. First it was hey he probably has CTS because of motorcycle crashes then it became he has a mental illness. Nothing but far away, no direct contact speculation.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s entirely possible that he does have it, but it’s undiagnosed. I believe that’s how the speculation started on this thread.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

There's plenty of folks right here on this BBS that clearly have undiagnosed serious issues... doesn't stop us from bagging on them.

Scott S. and SpeedyE like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course.
    It’s also entirely possible that he doesn’t. Go back and read this thread, it went beyond speculation both CTS and then mental illness. And of course, anything is possible - we already all know this. My point is no one has made direct contact with him but already some are offering up a diagnosis etc. it’s silly.

SteveThompson likes this.