1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Txt Tax

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Interesting. I gotta pay for the runoff but its also illegal for me to collect it.

Its a damn confusing world man.

K51000 and stk0308 like this.
  2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

What happens when someone has a leaking roof...:eek:

K51000 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The inside gets wet.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It's Bullshit invented by Assholes sitting around looking for ways to tax people more, so they can spend it how they want on programs not really needed.. like the one in the OP's link.. FreeShit..off the Workers Backs.

crashman, cav115 and speeddaddy like this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

And there it is. The APE.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

APE? WTF, that's racist.

cav115 likes this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Just tinfoil hat tactics.:D

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Why the confusion? The more they supply/collect from you, the more money they make. Its legal extortion.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I read somewhere that CA is working on passing a bill to "recapture" 50% of the federal tax cut that businesses get in CA.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Great. More Californians moving to my area when the companies they work for move in to take advantage of the lower taxes.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were at least smart enough not to lobby and vote for all of the things that made taxes so high where they moved from...

11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Like Apple today announcing a 1 billion campus here?

12. Fonda Dix

Big announcement here of Apple bringing more jobs to Boulder. Meanwhile you cant fart here without it being in someones face.

Restaurants and other businesses are running for the hills due to being unable to afford the rent. I'm not talking about mom and pop either. They are already long gone. I am talking about Walmart, Cheesecake Factory, Jasons Deli, Dollar Tree, J Crew, Teavana, Square Pizza, and many others. But hey, we have 11 dispensaries in 25 square miles and a number of rich people vanity shops selling lavender products or $255 haircuts. Woo Fucking Hoo.

And its not just businesses. 1,200 square feet of townhome with a garage is around $2,700/month. The lowest priced house is above $700,000 and its a total dump.

Homeless people are shuffling around everywhere. Violence and theft are rampant.

Yet some still call the town "exclusive" and "upscale"

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Well that certainly is not welcome news...

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

but what happens if you collect rain water on your own property? :D

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

My house is going on the market in a couple months. I dont mind.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

So move.

17. Fonda Dix

As soon as my kid walks across that stage in May, we are gone.
    Headed to Colorado Springs.

18. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

It’s being implemented in my Pa. town soon.

Funny thing is...

When I built my place I had to install a seepage pit to contain the rain spouts water.
    I had to dig a huge hole in the ground filled it with big rocks , special cloth and a clean out pipe. Cost was quite a bit at the time.

I wonder if I’ll still be taxed on that roof even though it has zero run off.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Stop electing these assholes, or allowing them to implement these taxes...or don't... it's your money and freedom.
    The "storm water" here runs into the same pond or creek.. with or without my roof and concrete pad..or my gravel driveway... they make zero difference to the county in any meaningful way.

K51000 and tawzx12r like this.
  20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Mine might be too if it gets as bad as I think it will. We were going to try to stick it out for a while but the uncontrolled cancer like growth might push us out. I can't wait to see what the airport is like with an additional 1000 Apple douches and their families...