1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting over

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Dec 12, 2018.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

We have a winner!:beer:

I do think I could live in a van for awhile:flag:

wsmc 589 likes this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's a good question. I need to look into it way more than I have.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you can have too much stuff. Some folks pine for having a "fleet" of bikes... until they start getting nickeled, dimed, and dollared to death keeping them running.

4. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

He could teach them how to label their shoes "left" and "right".....

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Shoes are easy...you have to label the shapeless socks...

vfrket likes this.
  6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I retired and moved to Vegas, property tax on my condo is 185 dollars a year,no wonder so many people are moving from CA to Nevada.

BigBird likes this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

I think he should start making metal sculptures. He's an interesting guy. Fun. Talented. And that's half the battle to selling art.

beac83 likes this.
  8. Venom51

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome Richie is....

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Hey MH and CharlieY.
    A friend of mine is doing the nomad thing at the moment living out of his van (vanlife) it is a culture. He drove out to Colorado to be a Lifty (runs the ski lift at a resort) if you arrive early enough in the season, they have dorms for workers and you get a bonus if you stay all season (Dec to March). He likes the perks and the babes.Maybe not so much for Charlie (but the van thing) But they probably have some resorts by Ritchie and you could go ski or break a leg while scoping the snow bunnies.

Just a thought

speedluvn likes this.
  10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

My plan is to retire on a sailboat. Have a few side incomes to support a moderate lifestyle. Somewhere around 55 year mark. The plan is solid with one small problem -never know what kind of a curve ball life can throw at you.

kangasj and MachineR1 like this.
  11. Then drive for Uber. You’d be an interesting driver.

Funkm05 likes this.
  12. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

This seems too good to be true. Maybe you mean per month? forgot a zero? Are you actually paying a balance due after most is paid into escrow with your mortgage payment? I guess it's possible, for instance if your condo is valued around $20,000, but I don't see it being the case for most people coming from CA. Not really any of my business it just caught my attention as I've considered moving to or near Las Vegas a few times so paying very low property tax would be nice.

A snippet from google:
    "The median property tax in Clark County, Nevada is $1,841 per year for a home worth the median value of $257,300. Clark County collects, on average, 0.72% of a property's assessed fair market value as property tax.

Clark County has one of the highest median property taxes in the United States, and is ranked 546th of the 3143 counties in order of median property taxes."

13. Venom51

The only good plan I think is the plan for the curveball. We know it's going to happen unlike the rest of our plans.

14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

That's my not too distant plan also. Had family there since the 60s.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Day 2. Kinda slow. Did 5 hours. Had 4 deliveries. Made a pizza to take home. Washed a bunch of dishes. Eh, about what I expected. I'll stick it out a few months and see what happens.

MachineR1, 5axis and RoadRacerX like this.
  16. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Hang in there Richie!

Scott S. likes this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Where's my pizza? I want pepperoni, lots of pepperoni. Hurry up or, No tip for you!

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ain't driving to Alaxa.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Then you suck as a delivery dude. There aren't any roads to my house, so to deliver you would need to fly from Fairbanks or take a snowmobile.
    Can I get some breadsticks, too?

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Garlic knots, nom nom.