1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The mud will show up in the next episode I think. It is crazy fun, though. It'd be a hoot to host a beeb team next year. Put one together. We have enough bikes, I bet.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Got a definite maybe from a two-wheeler for Sunday the 16th. Haven't heard from the four-wheeler crowd yet.

3. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Rockcrusher has tons of red clay, unfortunately.

The 8 miles of his old super hard singletrack, is the hardest and now most deeply rutted around. Makes Highland Park 5-6 d seem like a walk in the park. Seriously. It’s easiest the first half. Which most will think is crazy. But it’s nothing compared to the 2nd half. It’s insane. And I like crazy chit so..

Moto mtn has the least red clay in its singletrack (about 21 miles worth), very little. but the outer wide 4x trails that must be used somewhat to get to it, can be nasty in weather like now. No mx tracks there. But you’ll only find half of it without a guide. And none of the hardest, off the map 6-7d stuff. Especially on a short winter day.

4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Give up man, a side by side pos or a wheeler is your thing. Hell a truck it’s so wide the fuck open there a semi will do. God damn that ain’t off road riding.

You’d die 1 minute from the truck in the east. It’s called a TREE .

That’s called another KNOTCH in my belt lol

5. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Picked up a 2019 ktm 300 FI a few weeks ago, Mounted up the trellborgs for some single track tomorrow. There’s 500 to 700 hundred acres of mine property we are going to cut in tomorrow.

6. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Keep me posted

7. fastfreddie

Can do...

JBowen33 likes this.
  8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Lol, we have a few tracks around with big sandpit areas and yea, you gotta be pinned and basically ride the rear tire and just float the front. A friend of mine that used to race told me if you can ride fast in sand everything else is a breeze.

9. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

Thought about you guys yesterday. First snow ride of the year. No one has grip studs mounted yet, so it was beyond challenging. Low 30's and just a skiff of snow sitting on top of frozen mud (thin) sitting on top of unfrozen mud (thick). Log crossings and any rocks were a serious traction problem. Anywho, going down a long singletrack hill (I was first OH BOY). Turned to the guy behind me before I dropped in and said "this is ALL KINDS OF EFFED UP RIGHT HERE" and off I went. Rear locked, and using all the front brake I dared use. 20 feet down the hill, front locked up and I *immediately* gained like 15 mph. NOT GOOD. There was no possible way of scrubbing speed and the hill was another 50 yards long and not straight. No choice, I bailed off. I was laughing later and told the guys "Yeah, I had to lay 'er down." Then I had to explain why I found that so freaking funny (100 years ago this "lay 'er down" thing was constantly brought up here on the board in reference to the Harley Walker in the bar who always talked about that time he had to "lay 'er down" to keep from crashing. Anywho, that's all. Fun day out there. I have some video of it but not from my bail out (battery dead by then). Peace OUT!

10. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Went on a day trip and drove through this:
    [​IMG]
    To get to this:
    [​IMG]

More than worth it!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. Knotcher

Man, I kinda feel bad for you. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. You see, out west, we have mountains. Real ones with elevation and shit. Not just bullshit hills where we keep the people with even fewer teeth and IQ points. They're so tall that the climate and vegetation is vastly different on either side. Why, just a few weeks ago I ran an enduro in an actual rain-forest right near my house. With trees and ferns and shit all over the place. The kind of enduro where you just sort of scrape your bars on the trees here and there and can't see the sky on a sunny day.

You're such a badass you should grid up with us next year and show us how it's done. Better yet, come to run the Mexican 1000 with us. I know it's for pussies because it doesn't have any trees but I'm sure Steve Hengeveld would love to hear your thoughts on real offroad riding. Come on, old man. Grid the fuck up or shut the fuck up. I'm sure your bike has 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. I bet they aren't even worn.

12. fastfreddie

It's lookin' sketchy. Overnight freezing temps all week followed by a mild thaw and rain Saturday, then back to overnight freezing. It might be okay, but it's gonna be hell in the shade, of which there is a lot.
    If rocks and ice isn't scary enough...there's those almost freezing puddles that we'll want to avoid. Gettin' wet in sub-40 temps miles from warmth, and possibly injured? :eek:
    We're havin' second thoughts, but still keepin' an eye on it.

JBowen33 likes this.
  13. Knotcher

Can always burn a bike.

14. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Weather channel says freezing rain now

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

16. Knotcher

17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’d say, and with a sample size of almost 10,000 patients, that data is pretty compelling.

18. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

I've warn one for a few years now. It gets really easy once you commit.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Anybody have any recommendations on a neck brace (and/or chest protector)?

20. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

I have the Leatt 5.5 with the push button release. I had the previous version with the lever latch and it was a pain to use. I don't notice the weight but you could go for the CF version.