1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Yesterday. Moooooondaaaaay.
    1BDCBA6B-AB6D-4E8E-A86F-DC145E2AF81C.jpeg 7EE7B8AC-2C9F-4404-ABD9-6EC51D47D315.jpeg

2. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Anyone on the east side of PA trying to get alittle off road trip going on in the next week or two?

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Any of you down in GA ever ride this place? We were thinking of taking a little winter trip down south to ride and someone found this but not sure if it's any good or not. Any other good spots in GA, AL, SC that are fun for 2-3 days of riding?

https://www.durhamtown.com/contact-us

4. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

We do an annual trip there in January, the motocross and sx tracks are legit, lots of single track, nothing too hard but good to work on your vision and speed.

5. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I may have to check that place out. It sounds fun. I'm not much of a MX guy but if they have any real GP style tracks I would love to play on those. Between hitting the woods loops.

6. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Yes I can think of 2 gp style tracks there.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Durham town is more mx 4 bikes and atv/utvs on the trails. The place that excels for woods bike riding is highland park resort in cedar town ga. And they do have a couple of mx tracks too.

XFBO, 90kacoupe and cpettit like this.
  8. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

Fun when it's been dry for many days. If it's been raining a lot, don't go to deep into the swamp or you may never come out .......

9. cpettit

That place looks pretty sweet.

10. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I have now added that to the list. It looks great! I normally ride at https://natra.clubexpress.com/. But I am always looking for fun weekend getaways.

cpettit likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Just put out feelers with the crew for highland park.

cpettit likes this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The place rocks, with 45 or so of 1 way trails, almost no ATVs to mess with and many m/c only trails. All are rated 1 to 6 diamonds and they say when its wet add 2 diamonds so think about that because its true

Lots of elevation changes and mostly clay and rock with a bit of loam on the trails

Paul works hard to groom them and switches their direction regularly to limit erosion and change things up

3 things not to do there. Don't use tear offs, don't forget 2 pay, and don't speed where it's posted

Oh yeah Paul used to roadrace and owned 888 fastlap for u rookies to know

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I could prolly drum up local interest for AOAA in Shamokin if you care to travel that far, ~2hrs?
    I'd likely be the only two-wheeler from here unless I can kick a couple other two-wheel riders into gear. The SxS guys are almost always ready and willing...they won't slow us down and have a lot better knowledge of the trails system, open play areas, etc. They've been riding this area all their lives.

No MX/SX tracks and the single tracks are limited, but AOAA is working on it. It's not the best place for bikes if you have MX suspension cuz you'll want to keep tire pressures high (15psi?) to survive the rocks in the fast stuff and that kills it if you need traction that lower psi delivers. Of course, you don't have to go fast. (There's actually a 25mph speed limit but I don't have a speedometer. ;))

You'll also want to wear every bit of protective gear you can find...pretty much the same terrain you see in U2B2's pics if we get adventurous and, if you duff it on even the easiest trail, a rock is bound to find a kidney, crack a kneecap, charlie a thigh, puncture a lung, etc. Don't even try to catch yourself with your hands if you're going down hard.

The trails are rated for difficulty. I've never had an issue on my MX other than having to take it easy going fast or workin' my ass off to keep rolling when goin' slow. With 6500 acres, there's plenty of variety and, following/leading the SxSs, I don't run into anything I can't do - which is different than running into stuff I won't do. :D

Between the "trails" is easy-goin'. It's possible to stay on easy terrain and still fill the day with a good time.

Gnarly...more for the full-size or if you want to beat the shit out of your yourself. :crackup:
    [​IMG]

Typical examples of what we usually ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AOAA FULL THROTTLE EXPERIENCE | AOAA Trails

cpettit likes this.
  14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Georgia is becoming a good place to come for your winter time riding destinations. there area few places to check out depending upon what you want to do, or just come for a week and try them all:

1) Durhamtown Plantation- about an hour east of Atlanta out I-20. Lots of sxs and 4wheelers. But also lots of bikes. 4 or 5 MX tracks of different levels, but most of the time they are pretty hard pack (i.e. you would be fine with SM tires, lol). Lots of trails around, most of them are wider for ATV's but if you look around you'll find some decent motorcycle trails as well. Decent maps, cabins, camping, pro shop, rentals, food, etc. Good for beginners if you need to rent something or get someone outfitted. Out in the middle of nowhere.

https://www.durhamtown.com

2) Highland Park- about an hour west of Atlanta towards birmihgham, near Rome/Cedartown GA. Has an on site KTM shop (KTM World) and rents nice bikes. Fly and ride if you want, you can rent a good condition KTM 2 stroke and have some fun. Cabins, camping, usually lunch on the weekends, decent places in Cedartown for food and hotels if you want. Two main wide loops, and many trails off the main loops. Pneumo did a good review of the place. Great for intermediate to advanced riders, and decent hills. drains well, so rain not much of an issue. Main loop is the worst if it is wet the trails are usually good to go.

http://highlandparkresort.com

3) Moto Mountain- about an hour north of Atlanta near Jasper. Place shut down for a few years but is back running again. More spotty for when they are open, no real maps, but if you like your single track like Erzberg, this is your place. Hook up with locals that can show you around and have a fun couple of days running the stupid stuff. ATV trails in many places, but lots of single track if you wander around or have a leader to show you the routes.

http://motomountainpark.com

4) RockCrusher Farm- mostly an MX place but they do have some trails, but from my understanding they are towards the ERzberg end of the scale. Haven't ridden there, and they aren't open that often but worth a visit if that's your cup o tea.

https://rockcrusherfarm.com/index.html

that's the four big places that many ride. Over towards Talladega is a place called Top Trails, rode there before and it's pretty fun. North GA has some good dual sport riding- do the three day Smokey Mountain 500 if you want more sedate pace, or the Tellico Adventure Trail if you want to up your game a bit (and aren't on a bigger ADV bike). Both have good details on ADV Rider.

cpettit and XFBO like this.
  15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Chapter 1 from the 24 Hour Starvation Ridge Speed Goat Multiteam Offroad Motorcycle Racing Year-End Enduro and Mud Collection Event.

XFBO likes this.
  16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

^ That actually looks like some fun and I'm not the 'muddy' conditions type. :D

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

which do you like more jumps and mx or trails? A place to ride (scrubndirt) is near athens ga.. small mx track but cool spot to session.

durhamtown and highland park are both cool for mx/trails... rockcrusher is a ghost town compared to those 2(which is nice)

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Which one(s) of those facilities has the least amount of that infamous Georgia red clay?
    I swear, that stuff is worse than our coal dust...not a cleaning agent/method on the planet will remove it without full disassembly. :D
    Well, not exactly true. We have snow...bikes end up cleaner than showroom. :)

19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

prob rockcrusher... its mostly in NC however gate is in GA lol

I miss Pax Trax in Bunnell FL... they have whats called "chocolate cake" (sand and dark brown soil combo)

20. cpettit

I'm too old to be jumping doubles lol!

We usually ride woods/single track.