1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda QA 50 what's it worth?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Dec 6, 2018.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Unrestored but good condition.. would like to buy it but $1500 asking seems a bit steep?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tree fiddy. Duh.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

E4D487A7-AC46-4451-AA58-D1C5E972B88D.jpeg

4. notbostrom

Guess I asked for that one....

5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Nobody is buying those types of older minibikes to ride them, they have become sentimental keepsakes. That's your competition for it. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see it easily fetch that price. I was looking through the upcoming (January 2019) Mecum motorcycle auction lots and there is only one QA in there. Loads of Z50s ans SL70s.

6. notbostrom

Agree 100 percent having just spent more to restore my gt80 than what it's actually worth lol. I was just having trouble finding a reliable price range for them

7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I have an old high school friend that is currently restoring a GT80. He's doing it up right, but the funny thing is he never had one as a kid. He used to M/X a YZ100 back in the day. I'm currently contemplating what to do with my 74 Honda MR50. The darn thing can be made to look better than new, without a single OEM part.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

QA50 was the first bike I ever purchased with my own money in 1975. I paid $50 for it.

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Not a QA50 but here's an example of how much these things are going for now. This was sent to me by my brother a couple of months ago, apparently restored they can fetch north of $8000. Going by this I would say that $1500 is a fair price.

thumbnail.jpg

10. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

That's also how Honda can get $4000 for the new Monkey

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Had 2 QAs. The fenders are brittle and the trans is famous for jumping out of gear. Finding one in perfect OEM condition and all original then maybe 1500. But anything not in that condition 400 to 700 max.

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I wonder if I have any NOS GT80 or QA50 parts in my garage.

13. notbostrom

It's all together and in very good previously ridden condition. I'll go look and see what I can work out

14. notbostrom

Let me know if you do. I seem to remember having you check for gt80 stuff a couple years ago

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If you want to use it as a pit bike or ride it a bunch and it jumps out of gear alot that won't be fun.

notbostrom likes this.
  16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

PM me some part numbers you might need. I don't have access to parts partsmanager anymore.

notbostrom likes this.