1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living in Michigan

Discussion in 'General' started by rowe748, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

There’s a drag strip in Milan, and a lot less traffic.

2. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Racer773 likes this.
  4. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Just East of Great Weed though

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The whole state will be Great Weed in about a year or so once the dispensaries get up and running.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Legal today right for personal consumption?

7. ChemGuy

Razr likes this.
  8. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Quick update. Moved to Rochester (near downtown) at the beginning of the month. Overall pretty nice little town with plenty of stuff to keep us busy. Haven’t done too much exploring yet, but I have a feeling the “twisty” roads will be few and far between. I heard about the road situation, but what is the deal with the condition? Nothing like driving on a nice road and all of a sudden it turns to dirt and mimics a few MX tracks I’ve been on, bizarre. I think I’ll be searching for a ADV bike come spring.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

That'll be a long drive to DTW thru the ghetto and some of the worst x way roads on the planet. I 75 inside of Detroit is famous for potholes that'll swallow your car. Not much twisties in MI until you get north

10. ChemGuy

Fly out of Flint and ignore the mess that is DTW....

11. Between Rochester and about Clarkston there are some ok roads but nothing great. Be careful in spring

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Something to be said for wheel travel, which is why I ride one as my regular bike.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Not a bad idea they're both about 40 miles from Rochester. The only downside with Flint is you'll probably have to add a stop to the flight plan.

14. rowe748

Luckily the job requires almost zero air travel, so I doubt I'll find myself at DTW very often. There seem to be some group rides that leave from my general vicinity. I figure I'll try and hook up with them to learn thr area.

15. Resident Plarp

I actually grew up in rod-stretcher. You’ve got Orion and Clarkston roads, and that’s about it for nearby twisties. Belle River
    road in East China is fast fun, but it’s probably a little too built up for that nowadays. You can also take Rochester road north up and around Lakeville. But lots of long straights between the fun stuff.

16. rowe748

Looking at the map I see some promising, albeit short stretches of road to explore. I expected this though which is why I sold my sportbike before moving out here and only brought the T120 Bonneville. ADV bike though will let me get out into the woods which I think will help keep things interesting

17. Resident Plarp

The ADV bike will be helpful riding around Detroit. I think most of the roads down there were paved once ... when they were initially paved. Lots’a neat scenery down that way, if you’re daring.

ducnut likes this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Huge number of automotive sites and museums to check out.