1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Fascinating

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Nov 8, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is an interesting read into, as the title puts it, the bittersweet life these InstaThots lead.....and this is just 1 girl. Appreciate that this is the life and mentality of literally 1000's if not hundreds of 1000's of girls in the Western world today.

https://www.rooshv.com/the-bittersweet-life-of-famous-instagram-model-amanda-lee

It's no wonder that a 1/4 of the female population is on some form of psychiatric medication, which is ironic if you read the article. This woman is literally a drug addict, a digital drug junkie. She might not be taking any actual pharma (or illicit) drugs at all but she is literally every bit an addict as that poor schmuck living under a bridge overpass smoking crack rock.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I made the mistake of scanning some of the comments. Damn, just damn.

3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

^
    Holy shit.
    I want to get off this planet.

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I don't understand anything in this thread.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Every like is a dopamine hit, just like a line of coke.

Read the next article link at the bottom, that's just as true and sad.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

record high male thirst on the internets?? Seriously? :)

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

what's an incel?

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Shorthand for unintentionally celibate. Essentially trolls and a$$holes.

BigBird likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup....and now the hastag #THOT has a whole new meaning as well.

That
    Hoe
    Owe
    Taxes

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think I prefer it as how it was originally. THOT usually meant "That Hoe Over There". Way more usable in day to day conversation for me [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bullshit. Women have used their looks for attention and profit since before there was media. They don't need or want "saving". They want your money. And nice things. And there are millions of dudes eager and willing to pay.

"she is enslaved to a job that requires her to share sexually suggestive photos that she knows is not her real self" :rolleyes:

That article comes from the sort of chauvinist who thinks women can't make their own decisions.

5axis, shakazulu12 and TurboBlew like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well obviously, isn't that why its referred to as the world's oldest profession? But I don't think that's really the point that's being made here.

Most would probably argue they don't know what they want.

Yes, yes and yes.

Of course they can make their own decisions. Its not a question of can they make their own decisions, it never has been.....its about the ramifications that come about as a result of it. I'm all for women's (actual) equality and their freedoms of choice....just be prepared for the consequences (both intended and unintended) that come from it.
    Like I've often said, I'm just here to kick back and watch the Titanic slowly ram into the iceberg. :Pop:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

so are you dead Jack or the alive old lady? :Poke:

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You guys lost me at Titanic. Never watched the movie lol.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

"While she earns a high income and receives unlimited male attention.....The process [of taking a new photo] can take an hour and several clothing and hairstyle changes.......The social-media star spends about 10 minutes scrolling through options after each shoot, then up to 10 more minutes editing, filtering, and Facetuning the one photo she’s decided is perfect enough to post. “Does that sound normal?” she asks."

So essentially she spends 80 minutes daily posting a single photo and earns a high income? That must really be exhausting!!!!! How does she ever do it all? God forbid she ever has a child or needs to work a full 8 hours a day!

5axis, cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Why can't I be the whisky sipping chef

Had to look it up, he actually made it out alive: http://www.titanicuniverse.com/titanic-survivor-charles-joughin/1349
    [​IMG]

That sounds like something a millennial would say, lol.

Wait, you do know that the movie is based on an actual real life event right?

BigBird likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You are so cool and manly!

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He was watching Rent instead.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Apparently there's a rather interesting documentary on Netflix called "The American Meme". Haven't watched it yet, but it touches on this crap a bit.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If you can make a bunch of money on it and don’t have better prospects, you damned well should make money on your looks while you can. Best overall long term bet for young ladies is to develop their skills in other areas and then use their looks to further benefit themselves. IE: If you’re not smart enough to become a computer scientist, go into sales and use your fine ass to close deals. Utilize your looks, don’t be completely reliant on them.

If she’s not a dipshit she can leverage that fine money making ass into making enough that she never has to work again the rest of her life. Unfortunately for most young ladies, they’re not smart enough or mature enough to realize the good times will end and save their money for their 30s.

Most likely she will piss away the money and when the money dries up in 10 years she’ll become a coug looking to become a trophy wife. If you trade on your looks your whole life and don’t develop other skills or save your money, that’s really your only option.

In the modern economy, intelligence and conscientiousness are the primary determinants of success. Nature selects for physical attractiveness more than brains, so it makes complete sense that there’d be a bunch of these young ladies looking to capitalize on their bodies. If you’re hot and you have an average IQ, the easiest (not necessarily best) path to economic success is leveraging your body for money either directly or by snagging a rich dude. Technology has just enabled women to capitalize on a phenomenon created by evolution.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018