1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knee Strengthening/Stabilization exercises

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’ve always been more of the “white men can’t jump” category.
    But kudos man!
    @38 and 5’10” i never had illusions of doung dunks.

I am in PT 3x a week plus the stuff i do at home. Doc and PT are happy with progress, especially considering the mashup that was going on on the knee. Total destruction.

Strength is good, i do all leg raises etc 50% over the asked #.

Strightening to get the last 3-4 degees out of the way is the challenge now and huts the most.

Bending i’m at 90 where 85 is the max as asked by the doc. Still have to take it easy with the weight on the menisci, but that will increase in the coming weeks.

Much respect on your recovery!

t11ravis likes this.
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Good work Phil!

Phl218 likes this.
  3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Don't sell yourself short, I'm half Steeltoe:crackup:

Those are all awesome figures. The extensions are my nemesis even still. If I don't do them for a couple of days, it seems like I automatically start losing it a bit. I'm over all the figures for what they asked for so far, but my left leg is still visibly smaller and significantly weaker than my right. Just have to keep powering through. There was a point in the early stages that I was terrified though. I couldn't get full extension or the bending figure that was needed. I was actually losing sleep over it. Literally had to start meditating and envisioning my knee being able to extend and bend. Not sure how, but in two weeks of doing that I had huge progress in those areas.

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Phl218 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You're half virgin?!?

Phl218 and MachineR1 like this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Damnit

[​IMG]

Phl218, t11ravis and MachineR1 like this.