1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

traffic court

Discussion in 'General' started by walt415, Dec 5, 2018.

1. walt415

walt415 Active Member

Oh Mighty Beeb,

Someone hit my car with his car and received a traffic citation from the police officer who came to the scene. The crash report makes it clear that the other driver was completely at fault.

The other driver told his insurance company that I was at fault. He is fighting the citation and has a court date. I think I have located the date and time and location of the court date.

I did send the other insurance company the crash report and gave a recorded statement to them today. They will get another recorded statement from the other driver tomorrow.

If the other driver does not recant, and sticks to his story, is it ok for me just to show up at his court date, so I can give my side of the story to the court, and prevent the citation from being removed?

What sayeth the Beeb?

Best,
    Walt

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Why hasn’t the police officer sent you a subpoena?
    You would be his witness to what happened.
    What was the other driver cited for?

Ride safe,
    AAron

regularguy likes this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Go, video it, and present it here. We will make it right.

Or we'll fuck it up. Either way, we'll be entertained.

sharkattack, 418, joec and 5 others like this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Yes. Show up.

5. Ducti89

At my place, i have to write it on the citation. We have a court Lieutenant, $110,00/yr to stand in for us and testify so we dont get over time.

I have the victim subpoened so the case wont be lost.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So smart, yet, not.

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

That’s everywhere. I blame the courts for even allowing that but thats dungeon material lol.

That’s my point.
    Why hasn’t he been contacted or subpoenaed by the officer?

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. Ducti89

He may have a subpoena and just doesnt realize it?

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

The citation wether he is found guilty or not has nothing to do with your insurance. The fact he was cited is all that is needed.

Some moving violations depending what the statue he was cited for don’t really need witnesses. Some accidents are self explanatory and regardless of what witnesses/drivers say the officer already knows what happened. I.E vehicles turning left violations etc.

You could go to the hearing date but your just wasting your time.

Edit: The original citation will probably be pleaded down too

Phl218 and Kyle Brosius like this.
  10. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Why are you dealing with their insurance company? Why not just talk to yours and get your car fixed then let your insurance companies fight it out?

Edit/ full disclosure: I’ve never been in an accident with another vehicle and have been drinking but I assume that’s how things work.

418, BrianC636 and JBowen33 like this.
  11. Ducti89

Thats how it works in PA. You go through your insurance and the companies hack it out later.

Kyle Brosius and DucatiBomber like this.
  12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Coppers adding logic to this is not entertaining. :D Where's @regularguy
    I say go to the inquisition with a glock 19 in your waistband just in case they try to say it was your fault.

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's the beeb. It's what we do. Lol

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Make sure to wer a neck brace when you go and bring 5 small kids in saying they are all yours and you cant feed them right because the guy hit you and you cant work.

15. JBowen33

:crackup:

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Bro it's so different from state to state, I would have no idea. Hell, it's different from county to county here in NC...

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:crackup::clap:

18. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

No. Do not show up. It will solve nothing and you will not be heard. If needed, you will be subpoenaed at a later date if it goes to trial.

BigBird likes this.
  19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

The citation is probably not for the accident but for some illegal move the guy did and got wrote up for it. His illegal move caused an accident because of it. The court case is not to prove accident guilt or not as the other driver (OP) would have been called in. I would show up and state your case that this caused an accident and he is trying to get out of fault.

Second, I would go through my own insurance and get it fixed. Having the citation should prove with your company it was not your fault regardless of the court outcome. Then they can go after his insurance for payment.

What I have found, that if you are in an accident before talking to the other party, quickly flag other motorist for info as witness. Otherwise its your word against theres and people lie. I got hit splitting lanes and once insurance was involved he said he was driving along and I ran into him! WTF. Police report said nothing as there was no way to tell who was at fault. Try and get info of 3rd driver then let them take off. Then deal with other party involved. Also get dash cams. They are cheap and dont lie.

20. JBowen33

If the police dont talk to the witness’s in person it’s pointless to get their information. It’s called hearsay. Anyone could get their buddy from where ever to say “whatever” happened on the phone. At least being on scene when the police talk to said people it gives it more validity.