1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me. Early to Mid 2000's Mercedes S55's

Discussion in 'General' started by zertrider, Dec 4, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, and so far it's been perfect. My entire family damn near disowned me at first and then my wife drove me home after a party and said holy shit, this is a nice ride!

Also, I don't want 500HP. If I have it, I'll use it. The 300+ in the Lexus is just right and it's not the kind of vehicle that you want to thrash in the first place.

Shit, maybe I am turning into an old f^&k:(

cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.
  2. Minty? He had a mint-flavored car?

Razr likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sweet

4. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

See, that is why it appealed to me. I do not want to give in to admitting I am getting to be an old f''k.

Razr likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

depends . the old benz , the audi A6 allroad are crap. the cayenne air suspension is flawless, the only thing that goes is a $1.50 o-ring in the compressor, takes 30 min to change. (mine hasn't went yet)

generally, forums are your friend.

i was looking into the CL65's for a while, but the stretch in the cylinder head studs scared me off. there are reinforced ones out there (aftermarket)...

i drove all of the mid-2000 benz's off the production line and onto the train working there as a student in the summer. always told myself i'd drive one of those yachts one day. well, then i finished university and learned about those 79 independent computers in those cars on the CAN BUS... and that they like to go hoops after a decade... so , mmmh , that's a nope.

BigBird likes this.
  6. rd400racer

I look at it this way...yeah, I'm driving an old man car (that's the most comfortable ride I've ever had) but if the mood strikes, there's 5+ motorcycles in my garage that give me a chub within 60 seconds of turning the key. At least that's my justification:D

cha0s#242, zertrider and BigBird like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

almost no other thing can replace a MC chub :)

rd400racer likes this.
  8. rd400racer

Yep. I swear I could get on a Suzuki TU250 and have a bigger grin than driving a GT3 Porsche.

BigBird likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wouldn’t mind having an SL

10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I’ve owned two Mercs and each time they cost a metric ton to maintain. NEVER have a Merc that isn’t under a warranty. You’re welcome

cha0s#242 and Phl218 like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

that CLS of yours is gorgeous though

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about them from a maintenance standpoint, but, what about an Alpina B7? Definitely a sleeper.

13. rd400racer

My mom had a 7 series BMW. There's a reason you can find low mileage cars that appear in immaculate condition for under $10 grand:D

cha0s#242, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Buckwild sold his great find the first time he had to replace rear tires. I'm still laughing about it years later. :crackup:

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

the only kinda cool MB is the C55. my mom just got an 04 ls430 very nice. if you gotta go german get an old M5.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Can you pull out the air ride and replace with regular suspension bits?

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Its F&%#$ing shit like this that is making 'Merica gheyer and weaker than a rave on Ibiza.

You should be saying, Damn right I dont want 500hp....i want 800 or 1,000hp. Cause hp equals freedom. Not wanting 500hp is like saying, hey Ahmed whatcha doing next september? wanna go fly planes into the towers in america with me?
    Not wanting 500hp is what made that Indian cry is those commercials. It wasnt the pollution. It was sissy ass statements like this....

I dont want 500hp....damn....is your wife around? I want to ask her if you can go have a beer later....

:D

renegade17 and rd400racer like this.
  18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I think it's more the cost of running a 500 HP car, versus jumping on a sport bike and getting your jollies off that way.

19. rd400racer

Dude, I have 14 motorcycles. I'd say I rule the roost:D

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  20. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Alpina used to be special. These days its not. Either way its not an overly impressive car honestly.