1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Cam Peterson and JD are the only thing I've seen announced and confirmed.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere the Yamaha Superbike riders were confirmed

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

There's another team soon to be announced that will be a very strong championship contender for sure.

JJJerry, Chino52405 and khill like this.
  4. khill

khill Well-Known Member

^^^^^

Ha! It will be a knife fight......

418 likes this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, Barry has said that he was coming back. :D

418 likes this.
  7. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

PJ and Barry are close right?

8. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

No

9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dang I was looking forward to seeing that..

Any insight if it was a kawi saying no it a graces saying no?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:confused: Have another coffee and get back to us McBobby.

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

PJ in MA. HSBK/Celtic R6 in 600ss

track wagon and rcarson15 like this.
  14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I thin PJ raced with Celtic before IIRC.
    My guess would be he's going to race stateside. Triple M didn't do him any favors to get a ride in SBK. I was hoping he could land in Moto 2 though

15. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Just my opinion but it seems as though Graves is simply doing R/D work with several different brands to expand his line up of parts. If something comes of it I'm sure they would announce. I personally find it hard to believe Kawi will support anyone road racing, it's not part of their plans and hasn't been for a while.

track wagon and Robby-Bobby like this.
  16. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Did Gauge Reese move up to 600s or staying in the junior cup?

17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

From facebook:

Scott Jensen

5 mins ·

Looking forward to being a part of this program for 2019!!!

PJ Jacobsen to ride for Celtic HSBK Racing in 2019 MotoAmerica Supersport series

HSBK Racing and Celtic Racing are collaborating for a return to MotoAmerica Championship Series. The teams have worked together closely in the past and feel it is the right time to return from their hiatus. The team will race on a Yamaha R6 in the Supersport class with PJ Jacobsen as the pilot.

Jacobsen has over 30 National Amateur Championships and after successful flat track and road racing seasons in America he raced abroad in British Superbike, World Supersport (WSS), and World Superbike. Most notably he finished runner-up in the 2015 World Supersport Championship and built an impressive resume with numerous wins and podiums on the global stage.

Jacobsen commented, “ I want to thank HSBK and Celtic racing for this opportunity. I’m ready to get started with them right away, and I’m looking forward to a very strong year with them. We are all very motivated and ready to do what we can, and believe we can achieve great things.”

The team is eager to start testing and make their debut. “I’m excited to get back and show we have what it takes to run up front right away in a new class. We chose the R6 because we feel it is the most competitive 600 right now. Our team has been busy building customer race bikes this past year, but it’s time for us to get back to racing,” said Bobby Shek of HSBK Racing.

Barry Gilsenan of Celtic Racing noted, “Happy to be back racing after five years away. I have a good working relationship with Bobby and HSBK Racing and it made sense to join forces. We have put together a strong team to go after the Supersport Championship in 2019.”

To see updates going into the race season, follow HSBK Racing on Facebook and Instagram.

HotbodiesRacing and grasshopper like this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Now who get's Rispoli? M4?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    stk0308 likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where is Cam Peterson going?