1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#metoo hypocrisy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People are mean on here, to me and about me - what power does any one of you have over me? The answer is none so none of you can bully me.

I'm talking about children too - being mean is absolutely not bullying. I never said anything about direct contact - I talked about having power over someone. People with no power to force you to do anything or force their physical will on you (i.e. beat your ass) cannot bully you. This isn't really debatable, its the definition of the word no matter how many people want to try and change it to cover someone being mean to them in order to somehow show the mean people to be worse than normal assholes. They're not, they're not bullies, they're just assholes. If you're a parent of a kid and you tell the kid some asshole is now a bully then you're being an asshole too and making your kid more messed up.

cav115 likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

(I'm playing devil's advocate here, on behalf of the snowflakes)

Yes, but she IS saying no, whatever her reasons, and the dude is supposed to support and understand. After all, if she lets him convince her that it's okay to stay, she'll be the one dealing with the slut-shaming from her friends and family tomorrow.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m not talking anything about being mean. You made this distinction and I’ve never said anything otherwise.
    If not being able to have direct contact, then according to you, how does someone have any power to force anyone to do anything. So physical threat to beat someone’s ass but it’s not about direct contact. Huh?

Kids get bullied all the time via social media.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No doesn't always mean no :crackup:

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sure you are. :crackup:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And again - no. They cannot be bullied via something they do not have to read. They may feel bad if they choose to read it, but it's not bullying.

You cannot be forced to read social media therefore you absolutely cannot be bullied using it.

Not sure why you're still going on about direct contact. You can be bullied remotely but it's not bullying if the person threatening you has no ability to back it up. It's like the majority of people on here who have said they'd kick my ass :crackup:

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course, who’s going to kick your ass anyway. Just today I received an IM stating that I better hope that I don’t run into this person, in person.
    I replied I’m not that hard to find. LOL.

Of course they don’t HAVE TOO read it. But they do. Just because someone is not forced to read something does not change the meaning or intended purpose of the message. Implying a threat can have the same consequences as actually stating it. Being bullied is no different.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But that's the thing - being bullied IS different and without force you have no bullying. Doesn't matter what the message is, if someone cannot enforce a threat then it sure as hell can't be bullying either. But you cannot be bullied by someone being mean on social media. I'm not talking about implied or actual or any of that shit. If they cannot force you to read what they're saying they can't be bullying you. If they can't act on a threat they can't be bullying you. If you point and laugh at them they can't be bullying you. Being a bully means they have superior strength or influence. If you can kick their ass that removes the strength, if they can't do shit to your home life or job they have no influence that can control you. Other people agreeing with them being mean isn't actually influence either before you go down that route :D

G 97 likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think you are bullying me. :crackup:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Now you know that ain't true, ain't no way I'm driving up there in the winter to force you to do a damn thing :D

G 97 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

All right, before I even get deeper into this, let me say that I did not click on the link and don't care about Pete Davidson. I don't know what his issue is.

Bullying isn't defined by whether or not the victim has the ability to remove himself from the situation. Staying home to avoid a bully doesn't mean that you're not being bullied. Actually, it means the exact opposite. Who the hell is going to tell them daughter "don't go to school, problem solved"? If your only way to isolate yourself from a daily barrage of insults is to get yourself off a social networking platform that you otherwise enjoy using, you are being bullied. Not reading the comments doesn't mean that the people at the other end are not bullying you, especially if that means you are depriving yourself of a means of communication with people he would like to stay in touch with. If staying home from school is the only way you don't get punched in the gut for your lunch money by the dumb kid who was held back three different school years, you are being bullied. It doesn't end when you successfully run away from it, it ends when the bully stops trying.

I'm lucky that my only experience with a school bully ended the first and only time I used my judo training outside the dojo, so I'm not expert on the subject. But come on.

jase, stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Here is what gets me; they want to ban this old song yet not a peep from the same crowd when it comes the blatant "misogyny" and hate spewed in modern rap songs.

My theory: rap is mostly done by black men thus making those aggrieved groups either afraid to call out they lyrics, or worse, they expect nothing better from black men.

K51000 and auminer like this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Evidently calling women bitches and hoes is artistic?

K51000 likes this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

"My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment I made of the ladies in the area pregnant. Yes sometimes my lyrics are sexist but you lovely bitches and ho's should no I'm tryin to correct this."

:D

tgold likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ahm... I whirred past a lot of this, will review, you guys realize he wrote this song to his wife, right?

:)

16. Chango

Chango Something clever!

You gotta respect the Hiphopopotamus and the Rhymenoceros.

pawpawrc and HPPT like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But she’s not playing the role of his wife in the song.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm feeling like it has been awhile since I've seen pictures of your wiener dogs.

:)

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Those aspirations you had of ever holding office in these Utied States: kiss them goodbye. :Poke:

Oh wait... You're Canuckian, ain't'cha. Probably worse there, if that's possible.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Pretty sure I would not make it in politics. I tend to let people know what I am thinking and make sure there is not a ton of room for misunderstanding what I am saying. Hell, there are times when I am not sure if I will make it in the oilfield when I share less than complementary opinions about management prowess to management. :D

And I am working on becoming 'Murican. Give me a bit of time.:D