1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Danny Walker is 100000% correct

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Does Wayne Rainey read the beeb ? :D

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

for sure.. over complicating a struggling series, is not beneficial.

track wagon likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

How much money you wanna put on it?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bullshit, MA will survive and thrive. Just be a slower and tougher process than if they dumb down the electronics like BSB.

Walker was maybe 98% right.

MXjunky, GixxerBlade and stangmx13 like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Make Superbikes more stock based. Ditch the fancy electronics and the associated cost that comes along with them. They moved to a spec tire, in part, to help reduce cost but when it comes to much more expensive and impactful cost items, it appears they are unwilling to change.

Ahmadcbr, DrA5, MXjunky and 2 others like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Wouldn't surprise me a bit but he's smart enough not to post.

sheepofblue and Scott S. like this.
  8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I don't understand.

Westby kicked ass last year, and if it weren't for the tire deal, probably wouldn't have slumped off mid season. They didn't have the full electronics package.

Attack had it, but the electronics end was pretty much Richard's show.

Does anyone think what was holding the Honda back was the electronics? Broaster did about as good as the Ten Kate bikes did in WSBK. Honda could put out a good product, but the Honda product almost killed two racers at the Isle of Man, and Magnetti Marelli - well, that's Italians for you.

Just my outside looking in .02.

9. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

is Scott Jensen related to 52 Robert Jensen?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nope

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Only in the fact that they're both fast as shit!

pfhenry likes this.
  12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

heres the way I read the article...

the rules mandated the Honda product that almost killed racers, a MM system that apparently wasn't working, or the stock ECU that no one could flash well. theres no way thats ok, let alone good for competition. the problem isnt about not having a full package, its about being forced to use something thats dangerous or doesnt even run.

VFR#52 and zrx12man like this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wow that’s a crazy story. I wonder if the second ecu ever came back!

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

And Ugly.

turner38 likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Judging by the comments on social media this is not a surprise where Magneti is concerned.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Bitchin' about rules and regs … motorcycle racing, some things never change.

This I can assure you: the more simple (and "less expensive") it is, the greater the advantage of the mega buck teams.

Money buys success. I still recall a racer's dad, in his kid's very first year of racing, telling me how a tire vendor gave him a good price when he bought 25 sets as his first purchase.

In that one transaction for supplies of a single item (that wouldn't last a full season), he had more into his kid's racing budget than I had in my two bikes, trailer, and supplies.

Ahmadcbr, Newyork, VFR#52 and 2 others like this.
  17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I sort of read it as the Honda is not a great starting point based on the factory system and the rules package (allowed alternates). The problem is probably the relationship the team had with Honda is what made the team possible but the rules package for that bike make it tougher (impossible) to prepare a bike and compete. Would it be that hard to allow another electronics package to be used? With the state of production systems, it doesn’t seem feasible to go back on the electronic aids does it?

18. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

This sounds like more a Honda problem. It’s a shame, but judging by the WSBK parallel story, seems to be the case with Honda in general.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

perhaps someone incorrectly assumed that Honda/HRC would support SBK racing and a relatively new electronics regulation even though its been about a decade since they bothered with anything in production racing. thats not rly Honda's fault.

the parallel to WSBK exists because the MA regs are intentionally very close to WSBK's.

03RumbleBee likes this.
  20. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Maybe more stock based in some ways and allow more changes in others....
    In many ways they are too stock based now and then its run what ya brung in the electronics side.
    Stock based electronics and fairly liberal engine rules would do far more to create parity and save money than making it a stock class.

I was just a kid when the Change from Two strokes to superbikes happened but it seems to me roadracing is kinda back in the same place.
    Damn near impossible to compete against the factory efforts and only a couple of them still going.

G 97 likes this.