1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ditch the fancy schmancy electronics. Use what BSB uses. Use exactly what BSB uses. It works.

Contrary to what the naysayers think ditching TC won't lead to riders launching themselves to the moon. That hasn't been the case at all. But whoever MotoAmerica chooses as a provider they should also provide tech support included or at a reduced rate. With a factory rep on hand at every event. One make, one choice across the board.

Maybe selfish of me because I think all the electronic wizardry on superbikes both on the track and in the showroom is boring. Don't care one bit about how many levels of wtf it has. And it's not needed to have exciting racing. If anything it has proven over and over to take away from it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  4. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Dragginass, 418 and 5axis like this.
  5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I mean shit....the guy built his own frames out of giant chunks of aluminum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

turbulence, grasshopper and rcarson15 like this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I don't even want to know how many hours of machine work that is. I'm sure it's off the charts

10. stangmx13

once a series goes spec ECU, they can probably pick whatever functionality they want. itd be cool if MA tailored the functionality to whatever works for the available talent in the teams. are there only 2 guys in the US that can adequately tune turn-by-turn anything... then don't include turn-by-turn. are there plenty of tuners that can do non-turn-by-turn TC and EB... include it.

MA SBK could run the Moto2 Spec ECU. and so should MA SS. simple TC, EB, and LC, but no turn-by-turn changes.

maybe. TenKate was the reference team for Honda in WSBK. someone defined an electronics package that all Hondas had to use and only TenKate or Honda could change the software for that reference hardware. if they changed the software, they had to share it. but TenKate didnt even start running that hardware at the beginning of the year. and who knows how much help they got from Honda with it.

the whole concept of reference teams when some of them arent factory teams is silly IMO.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dragginass likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Triumphs won't have TC in Moto2 next season.

13. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Nick Mcfadden takes JD's vacated 600 seat on the Rick Team

14. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ well TC won't be "unlocked" or "activated" until 2020

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

After reading that carbs look much easier. :D

ajcjr and 5axis like this.
  16. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

grasshopper likes this.
  17. stangmx13

ahh, missed that recently.

it was included in the spec that Dorna required for the new ECU, which highlights my point further. Dorna thinks is not necessary for 2019 and wants to keep the racing good. so they adjusted the ECU functionality. itd be awesome if MA had that control over the class.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Honestly that seems to make ALOT of sense to me as well. Start everyone off with minimum capability activated or whatever, since resources are scarce and the team with the $$$ will get the resources - then as more people learn and systems become easier to handle - increase the capability of the software step by step if you "need" to have SBKs with modern electronics in your series.

** edit **

The moto2 ecu setups are MM based kits though. So I would assume there is serious potential for failure unless you have some MotoGP/Dorna style pull to make them deliver the goods for all the teams.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  19. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

khill likes this.
  20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

badmoon692008 likes this.