1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killer Honda thumper for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JRJTZ, Mar 19, 2002.

1. JRJTZ

JRJTZ Well-Known Member

I found this one in the garage.

Honda Ascot Single with:
    Early 17 inch Hurricane F/R wheels
    Edco head with Megacycle cam and all the good stuff
    600cc Edco kit
    White Bros super trapp pipe
    38 round slide
    Clip ons
    rear sets
    steering damper

Spares Include (Kit)
    2 spare cylinders
    1 complete Brand new head in the box (w/ springs and valves)
    3 spare new Mikuni carbs
    tons of front and rear gearing
    Spare white Bros pipe
    Spare Ascot gas tank
    Spare side covers
    Spare seat and cowl assm.
    Spare engine cases
    Spare rotors and calipers
    Spare std Ascot wheels
    Possible spare set of Hurricane wheels
    1 set size 40/50 Dianese leathers (crashed)
    1 set early Fox leathers size 40

Complete package $2500.00 or best offer

Spares (kit) package (includes all spares listed in kit) $700.00 or best offer

Bike as listed w/out spares $1800.00 or best offer

Yes this is a rare find! Serious inquires only. Spares kit cannot be split up!

Hurry will be avaiable end of April first of May!!

contact
    [email protected]

No phone calls, I am traveling big time with work so this is the best I can do.

THX

------------------

2. falcn

falcn Well-Known Member

Sell the engine?

I've been looking for an Ascot engine for a TZ frame, would you be interested in selling just that?

Ryan

3. JRJTZ

JRJTZ Well-Known Member

hi there sorry for the late return

any way the engine is part of the bike so it is a complete bike and can't be split up but i am willing to talk if you have another idea. if you want to discuss contact me at [email protected]

4. Xkstanhope

Xkstanhope Active Member

I've been looking for one of these. Do you still have it and where are you located? I'm in Santa Fe, NM.

track wagon, backbone and cha0s#242 like this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes it is and it's north of Atlanta

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have one I'll sell. It is nice, even better than the 12 year old one, cause it has cbr600F2 wheels on it. It is in Wisconsin.[​IMG]

track wagon likes this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Since it's a single - would that be legal for clubman?

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Ken, the owner of this one used a rd400 on Contis to kick your Wisconsin arses at Grattan in the 80s then he moved to the ATL

joec likes this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I brought a Ascot back from Nashville Superspeedway to Atlanta about 10 years ago... Total basket case... Just curious are you the one that picked it up? Not too many Ascot people in North GA.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I posted this bike back then for a Honda employee friend. He has since left Honda many moons ago and then the guy in N.M. found my thread and asked about it

11. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey TLR.....I think you hauled that back for my buddy Blake????......Maybe???.....he bought it from Chuck the viking machinist on here I think???......

Different bike tho if I'm correct. I'm almost certain Blake sold it.

12. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Wow talk about digging up an old post...sheesh :)

Surprised this is still around for sale

13. kenessex

Of course it is clubman legal. It is almost the perfect bike for clubman.

14. kenessex

There ain't nobody that kicked our asses on any old clapped out two stroke piece of junk at Grattan or any other track. Two strokes are the work of the Devil and don't you forget it. I ran the Conti K112 and Rb2 on my CB400F back in the day and they were way better than K81s in my opinion. Then I got some Michelins an M45 and S41 in PZ2 race compound. It was awesome.
    Grissom ended up with one of my old Ascots when I moved to Alaska. I think he put the electric starter on it and sold it to some street squid with the Wiseco 12.5:1 piston and the big Megacycle cam in it.

joec likes this.
  15. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

This makes me smile. Reminds me of the 2-stroke vs 4-stroke thread that kept getting bumped and went on for years.

16. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Wow, 16yrs later?

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yep and Ken is in denial but we can only hope a beeb therapy session can cure him

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yep and he's got a CT70 I've been trying to buy from him for 30 years now

So the Ascot package is for still for sale but he's not in a big hurry as you can tell

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Now, now, Brother Ken, you've gone off the reservation again...I am forced to return from the dead to remind you that the two-strokes, about which you have nothing good to say, are the essential racing machines of the ages...and deep down inside, you know this to the core of your being. No sense in speaking of tires, because no form of grip will propel your farm equipment four-stroke past a well tuned two-stroker. Now then, my duty fulfilled, I return to silent repose.

20. kenessex

Jeff,
    There is no denial except by you (and your delusional friend, Charles) that the superiority of 4 strokes is well proven. Find me a single solitary motorcycle race series that is premised on 2 stroke stink wheels? Well? As I thought, there are none. They are obsolete anachronisms hearkening back to steam engines and whale oil. Their time has come and is now well and truly gone. Don't think I speak from my usual strong position of ignorance on this one, buddy. Remember, we are from that dark age of production racing and rock hard tires. I have raced RD350s and 400s. I raced a couple of very successful endurance seasons on an RZ350. I have been there and have recovered. While I contend that 2 strokes are well and truly demonic implements of Satan himself, it is simply because the temptation is always there, lurking in the depths of my garage. My DT 1 roadracer project is still waiting, the engine sitting on the bench taunting me. I haven't succumbed to working on it for about 5 years and my 500 singles help keep it at bay, but.... Devil... Get thee behind me!!!!! I will remain strong, keep my crossed camshafts close and keep some blessed holy valves ever vigilant in my pocket, ready to drive into the heart of any tempters.

Rest well Bro Chuck.

joec, rd400racer and 83BSA like this.