1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon is getting scary

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Dec 2, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Last night I was shopping on Amazon for a gift for my wife's birthday (Dec 7) and wondering if I had waited too long to order something. I found two things and ordered them at about 8 PM.
    I just received one of the items at 2 PM today.

Amazing.

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I look for "sold by and shipped by Amazon". If a distribution center is anywhere nearby you get stuff amazingly quick.

_indy and Phl218 like this.
  3. Ryan600RR

Ryan600RR Well-Known Member

If you have Prime and the package comes after the guaranteed date, you can complain and they’ll extend your prime membership by a month.

_indy likes this.
  4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Do you have to pay extra for that auto complain email send feature or does come with Prime?

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You could write a script for it. Maybe I’ll do it. Charge people 15% of whatever they get out of Amazon for the complaint. :)

I used to bitch whenever something valuable came late. I got a bunch of stuff free, but they clamped down on it and now just give you the Prime extension. Amazon are such fucking scumbags that if you sell with FBA and they refund a customer the entire order because it arrived late (which they shipped) they’ll take it out of your money. Pretty sure that’s blatantly illegal but it’s not like anyone can stop them. They do all kinds of other shady shit but it’s not like anyone can/will do anything. Everyone is in their pocket now.

6. SGVRider

You could write a script for it. Maybe I’ll do it. Charge people 15% of whatever they get out of Amazon for the complaint. :)

I’ve ordered stuff in the morning Saturday and got it that evening. It’s ultra convenient for sure.

I used to bitch whenever something valuable came late. I got a bunch of stuff free, but they clamped down on it and now just give you the Prime extension. Amazon are such fucking scumbags that if you sell with FBA and they refund a customer the entire order because it arrived late (which they shipped) they’ll take it out of your money. Pretty sure that’s blatantly illegal but it’s not like anyone can stop them. They do all kinds of other shady shit but it’s not like anyone can/will do anything. Everyone is in their pocket. Not to mention that their platform is such a rapidly expanding zoo they don’t know what the hell is going on half the time either. They address every problem with automation that shoots first and never asks questions.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I've found Amazon to be getting pricey compared to Ebay,

Couple of years ago it was the other way around.

YMMV.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

They said they don't have that prime extension option any longer. They gave me some cash back instead

Sent from my smatrfone

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Just want to note that is my birthday as well.
    She must be a totally cool and laid back sagittarius as well.

10. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

If there is anyone here familiar with the Resident Evil movie/game franchise, you will know what the Umbrella Corporation is.

Amazon is on its way to becoming Umbrella, and I am not exaggerating one bit. The day will come when they will amass the same kind of power Umbrella does.

Gorilla George and Jay305 like this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wouldn't be entirely surprised by that.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ditto that Amazon is getting quite expensive....Years ago they were a deal, especially with free shipping on prime. I bought a 24k 5th wheel hitch that weighed over 100 lbs, got free shipping, 2 day delivery and about $300 cheaper than I could find else where. Now, prime is expensive and their products can easily be beat with minimal google searching....

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Amazon delivery using USPS is revitalizing the service.

14. SGVRider

Not for long. They developed their own fulfillment network that doesn’t need any third party, at least in major urban areas.

15. SGVRider

Absolutely. Why do you think they picked the locations they did for “Headquarters 2”? They’re going to become the state.

BigBird and Prospect like this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Effing postal strike here, my Prime order is late by a week !!! I want the shit I ordered on Cyber Monday, mofos !

17. John Branch

John Branch 90125

I know crazy is understatement. I bought heavy metal on Friday! And got it Sunday morning today at my front gate for 6.50$ :blart: 14DC8EC6-AB88-4680-8FB0-454D9BB9691D.jpeg

vizsladog, stk0308, lee955i and 3 others like this.
  18. Exactly. We have one not too far away and even living in a small town in ne ga it’s nuts.

19. I have 2 new super fancy custom life jackets hung up because of that.

Bugslayer likes this.
  20. Definitely need to be careful on some stuff but others I don’t bother checking and go for convenience with amazon.