1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was anyone else long on Bitcoin Cash before today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Nov 12, 2017.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Anonymous in what sense?
    And I love the people in denial.
    Cracks me up.

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Anonymous transactions made by anonymous people. That is the whole point of Bitcoin.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I still got some Pokemon I'm will to sell as soon as demand goes up.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'll trade you for two Cabbage Patch kids, a Tickle me Elmo, and a Pet Rock.

I'ma keep the Beanie Babies.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Isn’t every bit coin inherently traceable because the travel path is built into its code?

6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I thought people are holding onto them bitcoins not using them, you know like speclating, hoping to cash in.

7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im long on mostly XRP. Bought some at .30 but also when it was $2. So I have no choice but to hold. Going to continue with the thought that it will take off someday. I am considering purchasing more on this dip if it gets low enough. There is always market volitility and with this being so new, there is more fear in this market. Dont bet your house on it.

8. auminer

9. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

The path is only used to add transactions to the blockchain it does not in any way, shape or form lead back to you. But you still have to use basic anonymity tools like VPNs.

It is not classified as a sunk cost, far from it. A sunk cost is something that cannot change in value, you paid for it and there is no way for the cost you paid to generate more value for you, therefore it is a sunk cost. This is not the same thing, the asset in question here can still appreciate in value and generate substantial returns so it is not a sunk cost, just like a stock that drops but then appreciate (or depreciate) it is not sunk unless the company defaults, the stock value becomes zero, and then gets delisted.

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Sounds just like a lottery ticket before the drawing.

11. auminer

The link didn't go to the section on sunk cost fallacy, which was what I was aiming at. I think there's a linky doohickey you can use to make it do that, but I dunno what it is.

Maybe this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy

It's basically the notion that the market gives two shits what you paid for a stock/coin/house/whatever. When the price drops, you are reluctant to sell because that would lock in a loss. You will illogically continue to hold the asset despite ever falling value to avoid locking in that loss.

12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I'm not saying people don't do that, of course they do. Sometimes they cut their losses and walk away, others keep holding hoping for a turnaround, if it does turnaround then those who held on come out winning or eliminating their losses. Those who sold will regret not holding. It works both ways, it depends on a person's appetite for risk.

13. auminer

I've been on both sides of that... coin... ;)

The real differentiator is whether you're holding simply because you overpaid for the asset, or because you truly believe that the asset is fundamentally undervalued and logically should be trading higher.

When I stubbornly held Microtune after Broadcomm stole their technology & countersued them into submission, that was illogical. I lost my ass.

When I bought Titaniuim Metals after a 10-1 reverse split and held it despite a rough few months and enjoyed 3000+% gains over the next three years, that was logical.

When I bought a couple hundred bucks worth of XRP a few months ago, and watched it fly up to about a thousand bucks worth, then drop to 200 bucks worth before I bought a couple bars of silver with it... that was a lark.

No more cryptocurrency for me.

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

holding an asset that was meant to be a currency exchange medium, as a speculative long term investment thus defeating its entire original purpose of even existing, will never not be funny to me. sorry.

Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Bitcoin is very traceable.
    Things like your post are why bitcoin failed.
    So much bad information out there it’s insane.
    It became the choice of criminals everywhere thinking just like you do.
    It was actually was great for law enforcement in the long wrong. Silk Road is the perfect example.

Ride safe,
    AAron

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"faint".

I'm just sure it will become a stable and reliable currency in no time. Its logic cannot fail.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did anyone ever fess up to creating this whole thing?

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

we gonna make billions now, you just wait and see. (all bitcoin miners)