1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear people who sing the National Anthem

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Just sing it straight. Sing it like it was written please. The song has a specific cadence. Follow it. We don't care how much of a badass you are. We don't like it when you go off course to show off your skills. We honestly dont. In fact, we laugh at you. So, just sing it proper and then go away.

Thanks, love,
    MH

P.S. And those of you who don't agree with me can get off my damn lawn, GTFO, EAD, and DIAF.

The end.

Lol.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

+1,000,000!

3. eggfooyoung

Greatest "song" ever. Gives me goose bumps every time.

wsmc42 likes this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Preach it Ritcheigh!!!!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ze german agreez

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ban everyone who responded to this political thread. Take them all out with a terrible swift sword. :blart:

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Wow! Just Wow!!!!

Well said Ritchie!!!!!!

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bout time you made some sense. Agreed.

G Dawg likes this.
  9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I agree 100%

But clearly his account was hacked.

:D

G Dawg, Razr and fastfreddie like this.
  10. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Your best post Ever.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ohhhhhhhhh Saaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy caaaaannnnnn-uh yoooooouuuuuu seeee eeeee eeeeee byyyyy thhheeeeee dawnnnnnnnnnssssssss-uh earlllyyyyyyyyyy liiiiiiuh iiiiiiiiiuh iiiiiiiiight what sooooooo prouuuuuuuudlyyyyyyyyyyyyy weeeeee haaiilllllllled aaattt thhheee twiiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiii lllllighhhhhts-uh laassst gleeeeeammmmmmm uh eeeeeeeeaaaaaammmming

Seems right to me.

:D

12. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, glad to hear others agree. It’s not a love song, not a blues song, not country, not rock, not opera, not schmaltzy Las Vegas lounge song. Its not all about the ability of the singer to invent 20 notes that aren’t there to show his/her brilliant artistry. In fact it’s not about the singer at all, and these self indulgent versions are disrespectful to what it IS about. It’s the national anthem. It’s about the country. Leave it alone.

Metalhead and Phl218 like this.
  13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Agreed. Starting with the 2017 season, I was suddenly saddled with the job of Talent Coordinator for the National Anthem at LRRS events. In a nutshell, anybody who wanted to sing had to come to me and I set them up with the microphone at the appropriate time. It is always performed live, no recordings used. I have a steady rotation of four people who regularly sing it and a few others who do it on occasion. The one who sings it best is the 13-year-old with autism. Strong, steady voice with no hotdogging.
    Mongo probably remembers years ago on the NEAR List when I had some girls threatening physical violence on each other over who got to sing it. Luckily, the one who sang it best back then was also a third degree black belt.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Right after 9/11, Mark Morrow used to play it with his trumpet. Truly a classy guy.

I'm happy to see he is still racing (and winning). I never did beat him, dad gum it. :--)

15. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Whitney Houston gave the best performance ever at Super Bowl 45 in 1991

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I think Florida CCS uses that recording.

17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Wasn't this exact topic discussed a few weeks ago?

Or am I having Dea Vu?

18. eggfooyoung

Leann Rimes' version is very good too.

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Does it count when it's all lip synced?

Look up Jim Cornelison on YouTube, to me he's the best. And fuck anyone who lip syncs. Do that shit live or not at all.

lazlo likes this.
  20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Roseanne!