1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha TTR 125L Supermoto wheel set

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by AMA229, Nov 14, 2018.

1. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Looking for a wheel set for a 2008 Yamaha TTR 125L. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thank you
    -Bryan

2. ChouDawg

ChouDawg Well-Known Member

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what size?

4. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

F 17 x 2.5
    R 17 x 3.5

5. TurboBlew

years ago I did excels on mine. If you have spare hubs... you would be looking at about $450 in parts (spokes, rims, nipples).

6. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies! I race a 600 & 1000 during the season and was looking for something to keep my head in the game during the winter. Do you recommend the 17 x 2.5 (front and rear) or the 17 x 3.5 rear. Does one size limit you to tire selection, etc. What size rear tire will a 3.5" rear accommodate? I have a ton of Pirelli SC1's 120/70, or could easily get my hands on the rears that the 300's run (may be overkill)

7. TurboBlew

On mine I ran the 125 sized slicks. (90/90-17??) 2.75 rim in the front and 3.5 in the rear.
    You could run 2 front tires without issue.

8. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

If you have the stock TTR you can put Bridgestone Bt45s on the stock rims and race in the stock class — most fun IMO—some are lacing a 16” front to the hub and still stock legal just check...

9. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thanks again Gents. What class do you feel is the most competitive? I used to race 450/open expert/pro on the West coast. Starting small and likely build a 450 SM in the near future. I'm in Charlotte, NC with easy access to Carolina Motorsports Park and VIR cart track.

10. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

11. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thank you Damian!

damiankelly likes this.
  12. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Damian, my TTR has a 16" rear and a 19" front in stock trim. Do you have any suggestions as to which brand/model tire to run if I decide to run it in the stock classes? Thanks in advance.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Bridgestone BT45s. Pretty much everyone running stock 100 setups use them.

14. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thanks! Still learning.....what size and profile?

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

There are two speed ratings you can get BT45s in, H and V. H has taller sidewalls, V in the same rim size has shorter sidewalls, and may be wider. V seems to be 'stickier' than H and was what I was advised to run.

AMA229 likes this.