1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broome's new TV is about to be released......

Discussion in 'General' started by mastermind, Nov 15, 2018.

1. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

R1Racer99 and Gorilla George like this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:crackup: Hopefully he did not buy the 100 inch one yet.

mastermind likes this.
  3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Speaking of TVs. Best Buy has LG 70” for 899 right now. Insane how cheap they are getting now.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll never understand how Samsung can make such great TV's and such shitty refrigerators.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Or dishwashers....

BigBird and rd400racer like this.
  6. Fuck me.

I need it.

Based on the price of a 100” OLED TV, I would guess that 146” one will cost somewhere around $150,000.

rd400racer and mastermind like this.
  7. rd400racer

Of course it will be $2500 next year:D

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd still rather have a 65" ~ 70" plasma.

9. mastermind

I saw on a couple other sites they are estimating this one at around the $100k mark..... so a deal then?

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. mastermind

You like your blacks to be "none more black".......

11. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Yep, I have a 60inch Kuro panel in my newly remodeled house with sonnance speakers and built in wall subwoofer. It’s pretty much insane.

People are like why’d you get that old ass plasma when you you could’ve got a gigantic led. Well, it’s pretty much the Ferrari of tv’s. If you know anything about the technology and what you’re actually looking at, when you buy an led tv in the store they are almost always way distorted. They put the things in burner mode so they grab peoples attention but the colors are so far off it’s bad.

A good plasma will be super close to the actual color. Kuro means black or something close to that in Japanese. Pioneer focused on producing the most pure black for these tv’s which helps to create better picture quality.

My AV guy almost shit when he walked in and saw the box, then he asked me how much to buy it and if no where can he get one. I just smiled.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. I got a Sony whatever they are now (LCD, non oled, whatever) and it's left me underwhelmed. It has a big screen but it's meh.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This is just something I do not understand. Those super tv's just freak me out. They look like you can step inside them - somehow the picture looks even better than real life. Watching them is almost painful, it messes with my head.

busa99 likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fuck that shit.

Banditracer likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No shit. Both are complete fucking garbage.

16. rd400racer

Totally agree. I watched a 4K TV the other day and it just seems wrong. Supposedly there's something in the controls that will make it look less weird but I don't know what that is.

busa99 likes this.
  17. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I believe it's called the Soap Opera Effect (probably called something different in the TV settings). You can usually disable it.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You couldn't be more correct.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Part of it is what's known as "smoothing". It fills in the space between the frames with additional data, but it makes the movement on the screen look unnatural.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This. Smoothing.