1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slicks for sale

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by testiesalmon, Nov 10, 2018.

1. testiesalmon

testiesalmon Well-Known Member

Located in Houston.

Have attempted to rate the quality of each below.

Photos can be provided on request.

Send me a PM if interested.

Dunlop NTEC USA Slick Front Soft 120/70 - Good, even wear, all dots showing, used for two track days
    Dunlop NTEC USA Slick Rear Med 1 200/55 - Good, even wear, all dots showing, used for two track days
    Dunlop NTEC USA Slick Rear Med 2 200/55 - Average, left side wear
    $80 for front, $90 for rear 1, $60 for rear 2, $200 if bought as a set

2. Lavana

Lavana The coming

How is it that people do so many track days on a set of tires? I flip my rear mid day and at the end of the day is gone. At Jennings is even worse.

3. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

I don't get it either, New SC1 Pirelli rear....3-4 sessions and lap times are falling off a cliff.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Pace.

rcarson15 likes this.
  5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Are you running white number plates?

6. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Just a little data point that may or may not help. I was struggling with rear grip, thought I was overheating it, and moved to an SC2. Didn't think I was nearly good enough to be spinning up the rear. Turns out I wasn't getting enough heat in the carcass and cold tearing it. Moving to a harder tire made it worse. Played with tire pressures and back to an SC1. I'm still slow but I have a lot more confidence in the rear.

They do seem to drop off really really fast though. The first 10 laps are pure magic and after that they settle in but don't feel nearly as good.

7. Lavana

Lavana The coming

Yes

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Temp? Track and pace?

Lots of variables there.