1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Stick Vacuums

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Nov 10, 2018.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

No way I'm paying what they want for a Dyson... Nope, nadda, no way, fuggetaboutit.

What is a decent one for bare floors, no carpet.

TIA

2. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Dyson.

You’ll thank me. I’ve got one and I’d buy another one if this one crapped out.

sdiver, Steeltoe and Dragginass like this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

They all suck. Some, more than others, but - you get what you paid for.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:stupid:

Or...
    [​IMG]

...and don't forget the accessories.
    [​IMG]

triplestrong likes this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Another vote for the Dyson. They really are that much better. You can usually find good deals on Groupon or Overstock.com.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I don't like my Dysons at all (I have 2). They are hard to empty, they shock your hand through the charge port, capacity is too small. I would not buy another one.

7. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Freddie nailed it.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can't wait to one day build my dream house/garage/shop. All the floors will have drains and, after I use the dust mop, I'll just break out the hose that's attached to the spigot. (I may have to invest in a floor squeegee.)
    Seriously. :D

auminer likes this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

My wife picked up one of the Shark Clean vacuums a couple years ago. She doesn't use the Dyson hardly at all any longer since the Shark works far and away better.

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Just bought a Shark corded stick. Came with 2 heads, one for bare floor, one for carpet. It works great.

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That’s excellent. I heard the Sharts were all shit, they just had good marketing behind them.

I’ll have to make my wife clean with a Shart and see what happens.

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

A shart generally is shit, indeed. :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thats obsolete. The newer model is better...

[​IMG]

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I got a Dyson stick vac years ago off Woot...a reconditioned model. Still works like a champ...been very happy with it.

KrooklynSV likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

The roadrace model ;)

[​IMG]

Does well in a dog/kid household (mostly laminate and rugs)

Attached Files:

Steeltoe and Dragginass like this.
  16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Obviously the suspension is making all the difference.

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Costco has a big sale on the dyson models coming up soon. I've seen the V8 versions on Craigslist and FB marketplace for around $200. Looking at shark as well but the dyson gets good reviews.

Mainly want it for pet hair and quick clean ups. Pretty sure they have a way to make them small and use to clean up the car as well?

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I second (or third, fourth, fifth) Dyson (lost count...). As said, Costco is having a sale on the V8 Animal+ stick vacuum next week I believe. It used to be $499, now it’s $399, and next week it will be $299 while on sale.

19. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

get used to non corded vacs if you like dyson... the head honcho said they have stopped developing corded units. Ski

20. I have the same sticker on my Dyson. I have a retriever that sheds like crazy. It’s great for dog hair on bare floors.

Phl218 likes this.