1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election 2020 Predictions

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jrsamples, Nov 6, 2018.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I avoid Austin like the plague it is.

Dallas was just as bad for Betomania.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, PA has slipped back to it's blue ways. We re-elected our do nothing Senator (again). I think we should just give one of our Senator positions over to Chucky in NY and be done with it....Save all the angst over an election. I am getting worried over all the newly elected and re-elected Dem Gov's. After 2020, when redistricting occurs, the gerrymandering will be on. Living in rural PA we have almost no say as it is, it will only get worse.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maryland was closer than I thought with Jealous. That dude was a spend today, pay for it tomorrow and tax everything wacko that got way more votes than he should have.

Beto? I don't know, I think he popped his wad and will be gone from the public eye in 6 months. He served his purpose and there's better and more successful rising stars for the Demirats to stroke off about.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Much of the country is already gerrymandered in favor of Republicans. It will likely be a mix or move toward Democrats after the 2020 census. That is just the way it goes. Unless OW runs, I don't see a moderate Democrat getting through the primaries as the winner so that should leave Trump in good shape provided the economy keeps doing fairly well.

For those all doom and gloom on the economy, what will have changed with the Democrats in control of the house? Not much I think. They can't roll back the tax cuts and they don't have any power relative to the trade policies. Some spending might change in order to get a compromise through on the budget, but it isn't going to move that far.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not much?

All spending originates in the House. Do you think *any* funding is forthcoming for any of the policies Trump has espoused?

Obstructionist wouldn't begin to describe it.

One thing is clear, it's high fucking time the remaining majority in both houses of congress gets their lame duck shit in order and pass the legislation to get immigration and security dealt with.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone else in the country gives two shits about Robert Francis O'Rourke and his made up nickname meant to rally the little brown person that should always follow their white master.

7. 2blueYam

They can't pass a budget that the Senate won't pass and the president won't sign. Well they can, but it will only be for a political chip in the 2020 election. What spending policies is Trump proposing that would help the economy? If you are talking about infrastructure, that is one place they may actually be able to get something done, although it will probably have more mass transit in it with the D's in charge of the house. Still won't significantly impact the economy in the next two years.

I agree with this, but how does it relate to the economy in a significant way?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uhh...who said anything about the economy?

Economy does not equal government spending money.

9. 2blueYam

I did in the post you quoted. To be fair most of those saying the economy is doomed with the D's controlling the House are in the other thread.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Cyclical downturn. The machine requires oiling, maintenance, and optimism. Screaming does not produce that.

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The Demonrats piss away money faster than I piss my morning coffee. They will be sending BLOATED budgets to Trump knowing he won't sign them. Expect more government shutdowns, which I'm actually fine with. Shut everything down but the military for several months and let the public realize most of it not only isn't needed, but wouldn't be missed in the least.
    This is about to turn into a giant goat roping. It will backfire on them, but expect the Dems to make a mockery of the house for two years followed by a landslide Trump victory in 2020. We survived 8 years of Obama's idiocy. We'll make it through 2 years of compromise and bullshit.

blkduc, Motofun352 and gixxerreese like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Economy will be fine. A hamstrung government spending apparatus is a good thing.

I'm more concerned with the state and local commie takeovers destroying pockets of prosperity and taxing producers into closing up shop and moving to pay for luxury high rises for the indigent.

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

If the districts are biased to the GOP, then why is the house now Democrat? What happened?

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

At a peak and a well timed market adjustment coming?

"See folks, you let Nancy in charge for a couple of years and the machine grinds to a halt."

-Trump

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

They're coming to Tn too.....I'm just hopeful that we're getting the right leaning ones.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not exactly a thumping but telling that even with all the big guns Abrams couldn't pull it off. Not sure if Trump helped or hurt Kemp :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think she'd be more like Trump than anything else. She's currently left because it sells, just like Trump is currently right because it sells. Both are pragmatists more than politicians.

cpettit likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When she (OW) said she didn't do politics BUT was going all in for Abrams because Abrams policies were so much like hers.......What the hell. If Abrams had a flag it would have a hammer and sickle on it. Oprah is just another wacked out media type. She got hers and doesn't have to worry anymore, why not line up with the future fearless leaders and hope they leave her alone? Besides she gets good press.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And Trump was a long time dem who pushed for Clinton... :D