1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indoor tracks

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by JBowen33, Jun 7, 2018.

1. tech1234

tech1234 Well-Known Member

2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

if anyone is looking for a ttr i have a 125 LE im selling $800

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Pics? I already have one but more is always better.

4. John Hancock

John Hancock Well-Known Member

Is it track ready?

5. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

no you would need street tires but has a pipe, guards for your hands and was signed and ridden by pj jacobsen

6. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

Where are you located and can you send me pics? Thanks!

7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

8. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

I highly recommend this ^^ I've been going the past couple years and it's great. This year is even better though because they're running a 100 class in addition to the 150 class they usually do. You can run your minimoto setup as well but adding trials tires like Shinko 241'a would be better.

9. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Can anyone school me on the whole “practice” thing at NJMP. I was told if I call during the week and there isn’t any parties for karts they will let you run for 60 bucks? Is this true?

10. SuddenBraking

I think it’s 65 bucks, but yup. The way it works is they have a mile long track that they split up into two half mile tracks and they alternate which track they use each day.

Pretty much every day I’ve gone I’ve been the only bike on track. There’s more traffic on the Thursday and Friday before minigp race weekends if you’re looking for company or a tow.

11. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

Yep Sudden pretty much hit the nail on the head. There's a list of dates when the track isn't open for practice. It's basically always open unless someone rents out the other track that's not the kart rental track. I would recommend following them on Facebook as well since they always post which days they'll be open each week. I've been there a few times where I have the track to myself. It's pretty awesome.

Also, little known fact is you can run 450's, 300's, 250's, etc. there as well. Obviously they're smaller tracks but I still have a ton of fun on my 450 there especially the Avenger side. That's usually the only time I'll call ahead is just to see which side is kart rental and which side is competition practice since they flip it quite a bit.

SuddenBraking, JBowen33 and 2wheeldev like this.
  12. SuddenBraking

What speed are you hitting on that straight? Ugh, I'm such a bitch on T1 at Avenger because there's always dirt from the karts cutting the edge and I've convinced myself that the traction there sucks.

I'll be taking my TTR125 and my wr250f down there this year. A 450 sounds like a lot of engine for that little track :D

JBowen33 likes this.
  13. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

On a 150R at Avenger (counter clockwise) I am seeing 61-62 on GPS.

14. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

PM me your contact info. I deff rather go with someone out on track riding an open track is boring.

I have a yz450 I was going to turn into a supermoto but for the low price of 1500 bucks to get her there I am going to pass this year. Ill be taking my bone stock z125

15. SuddenBraking

I'm hitting 48-50 (GPS) on my TTR.

I'm a fatass, so there is that to consider :p

16. SuddenBraking

Just PM'd you, but honestly having the track to yourself is pretty nice :beer:

17. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

Damn, that's not bad at all. I don't have any experience on the 100-class bikes at all, so I'm clueless.

18. 2wheeldev

2wheeldev Well-Known Member

I'm on a 150R too. Let's go!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

19. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

It's def a lot of engine there. I usually short shift to 3rd between the light bulb turn and right before the long left down the start straight. I usually get to 4th right around the starting line and back down to 2nd and hold on tight going into T1. I've gone down there I don't know how many times between my 450, 100, and 150. Since it's just a track day I'm trying to stay off the ground nowadays but T1 is def intimidating. I love T2 though

SuddenBraking likes this.