1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump to send at least 800 troops to southern border ahead of migrant caravan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Finally a President with some balls. "With less than two weeks before the midterm elections, the Pentagon is preparing to deploy at least 800 troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to confront a migrant caravan that President Donald Trump has described as a “national emergency,” said administration officials".

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Preparing...:D

E Reed and cpettit like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

5. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sending military is a mistake.

We do not want to shoot those people. If you're sending troops with weapons, what should we expect? And it if we're sending them without weapons, outnumbered, what impact will they have? This is just a bad idea.

So, what experience adult in the room actually has a definitive plan?

rk97 likes this.
  6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Yeah, when an invading force is coming to your border you send unicorns and fairy dust.

Without the people with guns there is no deterrent to turn around. I don’t want to see bloodshed, but that result will be determined directly by those people coming to our border and no one else.

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

We do not WANT to, but will if we have to.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why don't we want to shoot them if they attempt to invade our country? I'd hate to have it happen but the choice is theirs.

10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

The "optics" wouldn't be pretty but I do agree about the choice part.

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

im no 'adult', but I could come up with a mean contract to include voluntary servitude, GPS tracking, limited congregation, and much more on a trial basis to earn their way in. the default clause would be even more severe. I think we could weed out the lawless ones pretty easily that way.

failure to subscribe, or go home would be met with deadly force.

12. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

This isn't immigration. It's an invasion. And should be treated as such. There's nothing to discuss. There's no negotiating. You stop them in their tracks. By any means necessary. Including military action. Period.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    K51000 and blkduc like this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jujutsu

got a pen I can borrow?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I haven't seen which troops they are sending in, have you? They might be MPs trained in crowd control and riot control? Their weapons might be non lethal?

I serious doubt they will be backed by M109s, attack helicopters and individually armed with E-11 blaster rifles and wearing the latest Mandalorian armor.

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I know we have sonic weapons, non lethal, non harmful, made just for this stuff. Any chance we'll see those show up here? Perfect use. I seriously doubt there will be anything lethal used until you've become a lethal threat on your own. At which case I'm sure the MSM will show every single detail in 60fps perfection and paint the narrative ignoring everything else.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

The Democrats sinking to a new low.....herding 7000 Latino people by foot thousands of miles north to the US Border as the personification of their political agenda for the bleeding hearts factor conveniently before the mid terms.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

My only disappointment is with preparing only 800 troops. I don’t know what the “correct” number is or should be but I would start with at least 5,000 and go from there. Or actually deploy the 5,000 and have another 5,000 at standby.

rk97 likes this.
  19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Maybe they will set up speakers and provide a concert for them like they did for Noriega

:rock:

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

There are still 2100 N. Guardsmen there from the last deployment helping Border Patrol. This one is supposed to be mostly engineers and support. From what I've seen they are planning to set up tents, fences, medical support. But watching the media go nuts acting like we are lining up Abrams is much more entertaining.

badmoon692008 likes this.