1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two much oil and no place to go

Discussion in 'General' started by devitto, Oct 23, 2018.

1. devitto

devitto Well-Known Member

i have a rental in pa that i am no longer heating with oil. it was cheaper to install electric heat and the tenants are responsible for it. so that works out for me no more oil fills and running out but i have a furnace with 1100 dollars of oil that i have no idea what to do with.

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Surely someone in that area would take it off your hands for a somewhat discounted price.

What does heating oil sell for up there?

That reminds me, I need to go out tomorrow and get some.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That's like 2 oil tanks full....certainly worth recovering. If I live nearby I'll get a pump and a couple of barrels and be right over....;)

4. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Run it in your diesel tractor.

joec and Phl218 like this.
  5. devitto

its like 2.79 a gallon yes i could make it worth there while

6. devitto

its in tamaqua pa go get your pump

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sell it for $1.50 ~ $2 a gallon cash but make it that have to take it all. No partials. Should sell in a few hours.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Craigslist

“Oil for sale , being your own pump and container. Only sold as whole” $ 999

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

FTFY

Phl218 likes this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I called the cokpcom that sold me mine and they gladly bought it back

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Same here. This was in Harrisburgh.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Where i live here, anything can be a tanker truck. You’d have a family show up with empty water jugs, all stacked up on a home built single axis trailer with non-matching wheels and rotten boards. Towed by a 97 impala with dull headlights and clear coat faded so much, basically missing.

Oh wait. What was the oil for again? Heater?

Nevermind.

But some kid would prolly roll coal with it that you don’t see the big cummins sticker no more

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Too bad you're not closer, my brother and I buy fuel oil off Craigslist all the time. Usually for a $1 gal, with us bringing the pump out equipment and 55 gal drums.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Use it to fill TDIs.

joec and Phl218 like this.
  15. devitto

shit

16. devitto

i left my oil supply guy a message to by it back he never got back to me.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ten hours and nobody has pointed out the difference between two and too? Fucking amateurs, all of ya!

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

#MeTwo

BigBird likes this.
  19. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

From doing this several times, I have found that the homeowners have contacted the place they bought the fuel oil from but the companies don't want it back. They have no idea of the condition of the tanks it's coming from and if there's water/gel in it, even if they say it's ok they will charge the homeowners to pump it out
    Most people run the tank down as far as they can before making the cut over to propane, NG or electric.

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That and WTH is a cokpcom?