1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alta Redshift

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Or... I could instead go vehicle shopping as my 06 Highlander Hybrid just lit the CEL to inform me the bank 1 catalytic is not operating within spec... $1400 in parts through NAPA... blech. 200k miles in Maine on the OEM exhaust, I can't complain too badly, but the timing sucks. I just dropped a grand in brakes, and then new tires, and literally got a fresh inspection sticker YESTERDAY. BAH.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If you have any questions, let me know. I’m the East Coast Service Rep for Alta. PM me if you like.

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, cool.

Do you know if KTM wheels will bolt up if using Alta's spacers? (Does the MXR use the same wider fork spacing of the other Altas?) I may know where there is a sumo wheel set I may be able to beg/borrow/rent if I do pull the trigger to get on track quickly.

4. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Someone's gotta make a flat tracker out of that bike .

pscook likes this.
  5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It's been flat tracked.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Got to putt-putt in the parking lot on the MXR, only in map 1, still ended up doing an unintended but totally predictable power drift with the knobbie on pavement. Weight didn't seem bad picking it up from the ground, didn't really get to push the bike to see if I'd notice it at speed. I see potential...

Sumo wheels, Warp 9, spoked or their tubeless ones?

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

And... verified financing, I can afford the toy, dealer is doing demos today with a mini dirt track...

And I'm at home cataloging everything my 1992 WR250ZD Sumo needs to be viable again starting with a complete motor teardown... wtf is wrong with me?!

8. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I just heard about it this morning too. I suspect Harley sucked out as much R&D info as they could before taking their ball and leaving, not sure what Alta's prospects are at this point. On the Alta forum there is a rumor running around that a sale has been confirmed, news Monday morning.

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Damn.
    Hope they figure something out, those bikes (and employees) are really cool.

TurboBlew and pscook like this.
  11. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

A guy I know worked for them posted he was unemployed. So I am guessing its not on positive direction curb for them. Hope I am wrong.

12. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Rumor has it KTM is going to pick them up. Official work will come out within the week is what I heard. I hope its true.

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

KTM would not have been even in my top 5 for buying them. They already to dirtbikes. They already do electrics. I guess they have the money. I thought it would be a good idea for someone like triumph who doesn't have anything in electric or dirtbikes to pick them up.