1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPS Lap Timers

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Oct 16, 2018.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Don't be cheap Tristan. Even without the data-logging of the DL, The features of the Solo2 are worth it.

:)

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's not that I'm *not* cheap, but I just hate buying the whole cow when I just need a steak. All I want is something like the old Ultra Lap but without dealing with a beacon. Right now there isn't such a thing, so I will be getting the SOLO2 next time Ebay has a 15-20% off sale.

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I'll get pics of my GPX Pro 4 tonight. Will be posted up for sale tonight unless you want to claim dibs early. :D

4. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

I keep checking your posts for the sale thread :D
    What do you want for it?

I have been using an old Iphone with Harrys L.T. but its a pain in the ass to set up. :mad:

5. Wheel Bearing

I need to double check that I have the breakout box for it as well since that will affect the price. Pretty sure I do. Original box and shit as well.

6. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Lemme know as well on what you want for it....if the other guy isn't interested

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I got 4 aim solos on my bikes.
    Mount it, turn it on. Done.

regularguy likes this.
  8. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Definitely interested, I'll keep checking back for updates.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

$400 is a set of tires. The tires will last you a weekend. The lap timer will last you pretty much forever, and when you're done with it you can sell it to somebody else for $200-300.

10. Tristan

great point, but I'll counter with ....you NEED tires to race, you don't NEED a laptimer

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Tell us more.

:D

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  12. Wheel Bearing

Most I've seen recently is the 5% off days from ebay.

13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

there have been a few companies that try to make GPS laptimers that are less pro-sumer and more consumer friendly. some have failed, like PUSH. it seems they just don't work as well.

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

ridersdiscount selling the solo 2 at a very good price.

15. Wheel Bearing

moto-d's GPS timer is a rebranded whatever (They don't make anything they sell, it's all rebranded), but I've seen enough of them never work that it solidifies my stance on Chinese crap. Never had a Starlane but heard mixed reviews, some guys loved them and others hated it.

I have not seen anyone have problems with XT Pro or the AIM brand.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You'd be surprised at how much you need it once you start working with the data. And you could get by reallocating some money you were going to spend anyway.

17. Tristan

love those guys, but they must have hidden it real well on their website

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Use a phone app. Maybe Track Addict?
    Then spend $80-$100 on an external GPS that works better than the phone built-in GPS (10Hz vs 1Hz).

Then hope you didn't spend $100 that could have gotten you 1/3 of the way to the real deal on something that doesn't really work as well as you hoped. And hope you don't destroy your phone.

19. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Just PM TJ on here for a price or post in the Riders Discount thread. Super easy.

20. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

I don't think it's on there, but TJ hooked me up with the DL, cable and bracket for my R6. Very clean and tidy install, worth the price of admission.

Although the DL is probably data acquisition at its most basic, between what it logs from the ECU and what you can do with some math channels it's very very useful. Totally worth it IMO over just basic laptimes, even as someone who started with 0 experience and now is one step above a beginner. I wish datamc.org was back online to speed up that learning curve a little more this winter