1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Hammer School

Discussion in 'General' started by svracer22, Oct 11, 2018.

1. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

Do they offer this school at Daytona in the spring, or is it only in the fall?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think it used to be both. Has it changed?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

October for sure. I don’t think they do it in March.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Oct only

MELK-MAN and omatter34 like this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Bikeweek keeps the track really busy with the TT and SX races in the trioval along with the 200 so I would think they just cant fit it in.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They used to do it the week of the CCS races.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not sure if it's the best track for a school, but....

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You don't go there to learn how to ride a motorcycle. You go there to learn how to ride Daytona.

10. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

That's it exactly. Problem is I can't go this month.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It shouldn't take too long....

Spectacular, impressive but simple...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you know how many times per year there are opportunities to get on that track when you're not actually racing? The school/track day used to be it.
    Five-lap practice sessions during a CCS weekend are not exactly conducive to a serene experience when seeing the track for the first time AND having to figure out your setup. At least, that was my experience. Your mileage, as they say, may vary.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Steeltoe likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Fair enough, I guess different tracks offer different level of challenges to different people.

The first few corners (3-4-5?) of VIR (Bottom circuit) were way more fun and hard (for me) to figure than Daytona (Fullgas! for minute and a couple of corners in between) ever was...

I will say, if you take time to peer out, there is a fascinating view from the top of the first Daytona banking. :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wasn't talking about just learning where the track goes.

p.s. I guess there's guys like you and Scott Russell. And then there's guys like me who can use all the help they can get. :D

mike w likes this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Its only 50 bucks more than what doing just the track day portion costs. So you get a full day of practice before the races and learn skills that you can take to any track,not just Daytona, and from guys like Wyman,Debise,etc. It was worth it IMHO.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That place looks simple but it ain't.

MGM, omatter34, mike w and 1 other person like this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The place is f*cking massive, is what it is. The first time we went and we pulled up through the tunnel,I just looked up at the banking and thought to myself...."I think I just f*cked up driving all the way down here!":crackup:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Some guy in our class picked that as his very first time on any track. He was whiter than coconut meat after the first session. Poor fella.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That probably wasn't a wise choice. :crackup:

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The tunnel was closed when we went so we crossed the track to get to the pits. I was sitting sideways in the back of a medium sized pickup and was aghast by how far the banking was; then I turned around.....

:D

Oh, and top tip: Bring Fuel! :D