1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frame welding

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Jul 6, 2018.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Thanks for the input, @Britt .

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

If you’ve been welding aluminum or aluminum frames for 25 years you would never think a chipping hammer made those marks.

I’ve been welding and fabricating with aluminum for 33 years to include aluminum Honda motorcycle frames with damage just like this.
    I wouldn’t think twice about racing this frame.
    I may be concerned if I used the bike for a wheelie school loaner bike, though...

Unless the dude swept floors at Rothmans, you’re more than likely in good hands.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I’ve swept floors. I’m good at it.

Chris likes this.
  4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Me too. How do you like the new boardwalk 20118?
    Bristles are a bit stiff for concrete. I prefer the Fuller brush grout EZ scrubber my self, with a nice poplar 42” handle.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Those marks at the top look like when the arc is just establishing itself and dances around a little.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Like when you accidentally hit the footcontrol and it jumps the arc....In Firearms that is an Accidental Discharge..

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Exactlly! Thats probably a better description of it. I'm sure it happens to some of us more than to you. :D

Britt likes this.
  8. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

I was inferring that [at first glance] they looked like hammer dings. Didn't mean to say they were... :rolleyes:

9. cf

cf Well-Known Member

People always think I'm joking when I say that one of the most important things I'd like to see during a job interview for a (mechanical) engineer is to give them a broom and dustpan and see if they can operate those pieces of equipment.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Damn straight.

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

There is actually a "Right and Wrong" way to sweep floors....amazes me how many do it wrong

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Shame I don’t screw with aircraft stuff anymore. I could have slipped it to to my NDT guys and had it ran through xray

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Do you still have the original crack photos??

14. cha0s#242

Can you see them in the original post ? If not, I can send them to you via PM.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No..they dont show up for me... nitroacres @ aol.com

16. cha0s#242

Email sent. Thank you very much, sir.