1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Michael

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Oct 8, 2018.

1. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

You got Antifa. We'll stick with the nonjudgemental hurricanes. I'll take man vs nature anyday over man vs man.

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Just saw a video of the huge dry dock warehouse in PC. It caved in, boats just piled on top of each other. That area is bad right now.

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just saw a PC video too. Not good.

4. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Travis, who did you guys fair?

5. t11ravis

We’re totally fine thankfully.
    Amazing how just being a little bit west of it makes all the difference in the world.

omatter34 likes this.
  6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm seeing vid come in from Mexico Beach and PC. Bad stuff. Prayers said for the people affected. Not just where it made landfall either. It's basically a 50 mile wide F3 tornado just running right through the SE. We're supposed to be getting 50mph winds from it all the way up here in NC tomorrow. I've never seen a hurricane do that before.

7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Prayers sent to all affected.

I was going to head to RA for PLM this afternoon after work, but I think I'll give it another 24 hours to dry out.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Hurricane Ike caused 75mph winds all the way into Ohio on September 14 2008. It caused a lot of damage. Was also the MotoGP race in Indy if I recall correctly. Good luck everyone!

9. Even with all of your faults it’s hard not to like you for this one :)

10. Ya. Been raining all night here in NeGa, will clear up about 10.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Those are just boats the real tragedy was when Ivan hit FloraBama....

All kidding aside hope everyone is OK with minimal loss of stuff.

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Links to pics?

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Yes, it was. Crazy!! I was working T6 or 7, don't recall, and it was relatively calm, sunny, light sprinkle, then around the corner down the back stretch strong winds blew over a large vendor covering. Might've been Yamaha tent, not sure though. Got the call to display Red flags, and we were all looking at one another confused since we'd heard nothing over the radio.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

We were up in the bleachers on the outside of turns 1,2,3 and I remember the Yamaha tent getting picked up and moved. Then lightning struck and I'm like "We need to GTF out of here!"

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw that. It looked like WWII. Also saw drone footage from Mexico beach. Reminded me of claims we saw from Katrina. Nothing but concrete slabs and debris where structure used to be.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of others, but doesn't @Robby-Bobby and @Dits live in that area, are they okay? I see @t11ravis lives there and is okay.

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

We were in the stands above the final turn when it hit. As soon as the race was over we walked out, got on our bikes and rode back to Cincy in it. Funny thing is, it didn't seem terrible while riding. Windy yes but not hurricane like. When we started having to ride around fallen trees and power lines I was like wtf happened here?

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It wasn't until I got south east of Louisville that I could find a gas station open or somewhere to eat, fun day.

19. t11ravis

Crazy. we were on the top row as they tipped into T1.

20. t11ravis

Pcola did fine. Dits is outside of Orlando so I'm sure he's fine too.
    The BBS does have 1 or 2 members (that I know of) that were right in the middle of it property-wise. I believe they're OK but still could use our support in anyway possible.

Sabre699 and Boman Forklift like this.