1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meanwhile in Portland

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by shakazulu12, Oct 9, 2018.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That color be dumbass not white

TLR67 likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

In order for it to be a "battleground" the non-antifa citizens need to be resisting. It appears that the good people of Portland need to stand up to this bullshit, both in the streets and in the ballot box.

Fencer likes this.
  4. shakazulu12

Very good point actually.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

To antifatards, if you don't just bow down to their totalitarianism and become fascists like them, you are resisting and thus battling them.

fixerflyer likes this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm thinking resistance by Mr. 9MM would send a lot of them back to their parents basement.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

IIRC Oregon has some really lax gun laws (isn't this also where the Bundy stuff went down?). I'm really surprised these two populations have coexisted this long . That shit would never fly here.

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

In 1995 I spent a month in the Portland/Gresham area visiting friends I met playing soccer in England the previous summer. For years afterward I would constantly tell people how amazed I was at what seemed like a whole lot of Marines and hippies coexisting. The group of people I was hanging out in had many burnouts and two guys who just finished boot camp in San Diego. Seemed too good to be true then and I guess I either mistook what was actually going on or it was too good to last. Either way, Portland looks completely different when I visit than what I remembered from my first trip.

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I just love the "Run me over and Ill kick your ass" comments. If I "run you over" you will be a stain. Just sayin

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It would be awesome to have someone say "OK I accept, please get out front so I don't have to swerve into any of yours pals"

11. shakazulu12

Portland vs the rest of Oregon is a lot like Austin vs the rest of Texas. Really two totally different places and the population of Portland isn't enough to offset the voting from the rest of the state. So it remains pretty 2A friendly although the opposition is getting stronger as the Californians seek to turn it into what they left.

Motofun352 and crashman like this.
  12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I used to live down there.

Portland sucks. It sucks hard. Real hard.

13. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

I fully support antifa and proud boys beating the crap out of one another.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well, you may have to include Eugene and Corvallis....probably Bend too....But Or is deffinately of two minds.

15. shakazulu12

College kids just complain, they don't vote :crackup:

But yeah, I forgot about Bend, which again seems to be more of an influence of people coming from out of state. I basically look at it as "Lake Tahoe North" these days.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You forgot Ashland.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

It becomes much less confusing when you finally understand these folks have a mental illness.