1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Ru$$el and MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Oct 9, 2018.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Anyone catch his video saying he wants to get back into the racing scene with MotoA? Is he talking about racing again or just acting as a mentor/riding coach to some young kids? I remember when he was first lighting it up and was racing 750 supersport at Mid-Ohio. First lap he was going down the back straight and looks behind him. No one else was even at the little chicane yet. He gave a little bye-bye wave and was gone. Bad ass!

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I was spectating at the exit of the International Horseshoe when He crashed, Supermanned, remounted and won the 200. Best race I ever witnessed.

3. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Let's see him grid up in the Twins class... thats where its gonna be next season.

Gino230, rcarson15, BigBird and 7 others like this.
  4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That's when men were men and winning the 200 meant you were a bad em effer

5. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

he came up for an exhibition a few years back. i caught it second hand from my buddy who talked with him a bit. he said he came up to race years ago at seattle international and he was whooping so much ass that the guy in second contested and claimed he was taking the bypass road between turns 3 and 4. then he said, "yea, that mother fuckers dead now". i thought that was hilarious.

BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He rode at least a couple XR1200 races a few years ago. Didn’t get along real well with them.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Pretty sure he is talking about being part of the Rickdiculous crew and coaching

418 likes this.
  8. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Correct.....

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Just keep him away from hot tubs and bars and everything should be ok..Dude can't fight or distribute worth a damn..

10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Never met him and probably never will but the guys a legend that has proven himself. You can find yourself in the wrong place/ wrong time, especially in the early 90s as a pro road racer when it was something special and more prestigious than it is now?? But thats just my guess, don't think he ever wished that situation on himself or anyone, sometimes shit happens

ToofPic likes this.
  11. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Yeah! Fųck Carl Fogerty!

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Scott is all about bicycles now. Rides 10k miles a year. Won a 3 hour MTB race overall Saturday, finished second in a cross race Sunday. Still a badass.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Met him multiple times through the years. Just a genuine class act bad ass mother f8cker all the way.

bacolmm likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too funny, I was in the stands there too.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Goofy bastard is in better shape than ever before in his life. Got into bicycle racing. Not sure if he'll still drink beer and do shots with me as it's been a while but even if he does he's pretty impressive right now physically.

16. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Scott is an awesome guy. Had the privilege to ride a few bikes with him, dirt and SM. Humble.... I was trying to keep up with him on SM 450s. I was about a half bike length behind him every lap... I kept going deeper and harder and still, half a bike length.... I rode harder, went deeper on the brakes.... Yet I never pulled up beside him.... I got so pissed.... I went in the pits, was furious, complaining to my wife and stepdad.... Scott pulls up beside me in the pits "Hey cuz, why'd you pull in??" I told him "I'm riding my ass off and still can't pass you!" He said "I know, but you're doing awesome! Look at your lap times."...... I was going faster than I had ever gone at the track.... Scott said "Now put that helmet back on! Let's go!".... So I did.... He is a good guy.... You haven't lived until you rode in the "Dirtona 200" at his place.... XR100s and dirt track.... Good stuff...

Pixelator, backbone, bacolmm and 12 others like this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yea,A friend at Road Atlanta was telling me he was in the best shape he has ever seen him in his life.Not sure how we got on the subject but that's impressive! !

18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Mr Daytona... Love that guy. Remember his footpeg broke on that first lap crash at 200 and still managed to win. I love Greg W and JP commentating the MA races but do miss Scotts voice. My wife always said "Who is that Huckleberry Fin guy on there?" He was even impressive on the Yamaha in WSBK. Those were the days..

bacolmm likes this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

He will definitely add value to the MotoAmerica paddock and whatever team he goes with. Pretty cool he's staying in the sport in some way, shape or form.

Pixelator likes this.
  20. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

He was walking around at Barber shaking hands and chatting. He was nice enough to watch the little kids doing demos and then take pics with the little ones. I think one of the dads was more excited than all the kids. LMAO.

Pixelator, TurboBlew and Shenanigans like this.