1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Next Gen 2

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by yamatr3, Oct 21, 2017.

1. yamatr3

yamatr3 Well-Known Member

If one bike was let in with radial brakes, them you would have to let them all in, easier to keep one bike with radial brakes out.

JSR29's reply was spot on.

2. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Ok, then remove the Edwards and Haga models form the apoved bike list.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just a FYI.....Not a SUPERBIKE RACE CLASS... More of a SUPERBIKES THAT SOLD CLASS of that era......

4. JSR29

JSR29 Member

Yes. If you look at a grid from early WSBK or AMA Superbike through about 92-94 that's what Next Gen One should look like. If you look at a WSBK / AMA grid through 2000-2001 that's Next Gen Two. Would a bike in question be on the grid in period? Seems simple in concept but apparently difficult in practice.
    If I could I'd ride Troy Corser's AMA 888 in next Gen One and Fogarty's 916R in Next Gen Two. But since nobody is willing to sell those bikes to me (nor could I afford them) I'm gonna ride my replicas of those bikes.

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Dude thats Hurricane in background.
    Sweet.
    Steven

6. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Damn, just realized I posted this in the wrong section. LOL Good eye Steve, yes it's my 4,000 original mile hurricane. Moved post to the V4 thread where it belongs. IMG_20161203_150359 (2).jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    stickboy274 and VFR#52 like this.
  7. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

What VIN # is your FZR750RU

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Almost 15 bikes in this class this weekend here at Barber! Awesome day today...

ungwaha and VFR#52 like this.
  9. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

Hey Marc. We met at Roebling this year. I was on the YZF750 pitted next to M. Burns. Wish I could be there, but am busy with work.

Are there any othe YZFs or TLRs entered? Post up some Next Gen bike photos if you get the chance.

Good luck and have fun!

Mike R.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I am once again the only one with a TL... Haven't seen any YZF's either but lots of Ducs and a couple SRADS... Eboz is racing his pimp ads in our class...

11. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

Working on a YZF750 for WERA and AHRMA for next year.

12. Outsider V6 V7

The big sexy Perrone was leaving monster darkies coming through the kink on the back stretch. Mark's the only other man sized racer on the grid which obviously makes us great drafting partners. His TL still laying down the torque. Great event, great people, great competition so of course I crashed on Sunday in my first race. Back to the lab for some more HP and some training for the rider.

TLR67 and VFR#52 like this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That was a great time Eric.... let’s do it again soon!

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't happen to need any TL parts would you?
    I have 3 in various states of parts.
    Lol 3 TLS models with some hood parts.
    Pipes and Bimto rear shock.

Steven

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I am set on TL's and Parts Steven.... Thanks though.... If you put them on www.tlplanet.com they would go pretty quick....

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Speaking of Next Gen 2 parts, are there still trick parts for the GSXR 750s floating around? That seems like it would be a fun bike to race.

17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I have a buddy who has loads of Shrad parts in Dallas he wants to sell.
    Think he has a bike also.

Steven

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Thanks will do.
    Bought them thinking i would build one and then reality set in as i have to many bikes and want to out VFR back together to come play.

Steven

19. Outsider V6 V7

Steve, I met a guy at the AHRMA event that was racing an 86VFR and he's from Texas. I gave him my info and told him to get in touch with me and I'd get you two communicating. I believe his name is Jerry.

20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Sweet. Poor sucker. Lol
    I have to have rocks in my head to race my VFR. But hey im bored and want my baby back on track so i can come play.
    Send him my info and thanks.
    You need anything just let me know.
    Safe travels sir.

Steven