Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 4, 2018.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You are correct. The available evidence was examined and found lacking, as we all knew it would be. It is important that the process be followed correctly. The next step would be to thoroughly investigate the provenance of all submitted evidence to see if it may be malicious or perjurious in nature, and respond accordingly. Our republic is designed in such a way that neither side be allowed to form a lynch mob. The issue of preserving due process aside, it is my belief that the Democratic dog and pony show on display here has done their party irreparable damage.

jrsamples likes this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Now this I can 100% agree with.
    I selfishly hope Feinstein, Avenatti, Katz, Ford, Swetnick, Ramirez, McClein and anyone else with fingerprints on this horseshit are left twisting in the wind when this is finally over. A precedent needs established that this bullshit slandering is no longer tolerated from the left. This page of their playbook is over.

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

LOL. I once thought you were just trolling, but now I’m thinking you believe all that psycho babble. I also believe a very large contingency of the BBS thinks you eventually wind up in a padded room.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You're the second person I've seen on the netz the past couple of days that's apparently making the ""there's no evidence"" counterargument by saying that Ford's accusations are themselves evidence.

OK, suppose we buy that.

Where's any OTHER ""evidence"" besides that?

EDIT: Just read a few later posts where you clarified.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  5. Spang308

What he's saying, correctly at that, is her statement was entered as evidence. As it was investigated, it was refuted and therefore untrue or unreliable at least, but it still was evidence. Just not evidence that supported her story.
    As far as any evidence that supports her claim...there still is absolutely zero.
    Someone above questioned the level of trust that could have been placed on her therapy notes. In fairness, they would have to be trusted at least equally as his calenders...THAT HE PRODUCED AT A HEARING UNDER OATH.
    Anyone else tired of this winning yet?

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Spang...good point..I forgot about the calendars...again...can we carbon date them to authenticate them? I felt, to be fair, that was a bit sketchy, too.

I mean...who keeps a 40 year old calendar?

We're talking about spoiled, rich, entitled upper middle class kids from Montgomery County Maryland 36 years ago. Something happened apparently. What exactly, we don't know for sure. Nothing was reported and there is no physical evidence to prove what happened (unlike the Clinton/Lewinsky Oval office event).
    While this wasn't a criminal trial, it was a trail in the Court of Public Opinion. In my opinion, without records of a report filed, physical evidence, dna, etc.....there's way too much reasonable doubt. Was he truly even there that night? Do we all remember everyone that was at every high school party we went to after a few beers?

And how convenient that this all come up all of a sudden during the Mee2 frenzy....talk about gasoline on a fire. But I think Diane Frankenstein saw an opportunity Cosby-fy this nominee, and it's fortunately backfired. Teenagers do indeed do dumb things, Cosby is a full blown predator...and there IS a difference.

Spang308 likes this.
  7. Spang308

An acedemic bookworm nerdy jock who is anal about keeping records and his ducks in a row. You know...the type of guy that has and will continue to make a great judge!
    Great day to be an American in my opinion. :flag:

I need to confess, I did question the validity of those calenders, but he across the board is more believable and trustworthy than her and even if they were manufactured...fight fire with fire. They sure as hell don't fight fairly.

8. 88/532

You would be surprised. I still have my MCRD Parris Island rifle range booklet from 43 years ago.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got some notes my dad did in the army about finding range for artillery. People keep stuff like calendars/diaries.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

No. I'm saying it's my belief that as a middle aged man he lied about the dumb things he did in high school.

I don't believe the relevance of the questions would excuse him lying under oath; YMMV.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I'm specifically talking about the confirmation hearing for BK to be on the Supreme Court. Perhaps the Deep State has pulled the wool over my eyes, by my sheeple self views that as mainly pertaining to BK.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have some from HS, graduated in 1974. Also anyone that has used Daytimer, DayRunner of Outlook is subject to have years of data.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I still have a love letter from a chick back in 3rd grade. It says...

"I like you. Do you like me? Check yes or no"

That was 47 years ago.

I guess I should write her back.

13. 88/532

You’ll be hearing from her lawyer most any day now.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

My step father has all of his gas records, milage info from when he bought his 1972 lt1 corvette, new! Hand written. And that's not even the beginning of the stuff he has. He's kept records like that for every vehicle he's ever owned. He sold the 72 in 84 when he bought the new Vette. Ooops. I wouldn't be surprised if he had schedules, planners and calendars from when he was in school etc.

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You’re claiming that the supposed eye witness account is evidence given on the Thursday hearing.

It’s not, it could be if it weren’t refuted by the supposed eye witness before the Thursday testimonies. No recollection, never met him.

If the supposed eye witness had never said anything, neither confirming nor rebutting, then we can count Fords testimony on Thursday of the supposed eye witness as evidence given and the matter should be looked into further. It didn’t happen that way.

16. nigel smith

Did you ever chase her across the play ground? If so, I would avoid Supreme Court nomination proceedings.

17. nigel smith

He got rid of a one owner 72 for an 84? Ouch!

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The way the left is going after anyone with conservative views, you better hope you came out of the womb wearing a pussy hat.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

Sold to a friend who still owns it. He gets to see it occasionally. He sold the 84 in 91 for a Honda Civic dx that he piled the miles on. The Corvette is reportedly still nearly perfect. Dark blue.

When my father met him in about 87 or so I remember him telling my step father "I drove Corvettes too" lol.

The 84 ended up being a heap. Transmission shit and took almost 6 months to get factory parts to fix. The steering rack went out at the end. I think I remember him paying 35k for it cash. People were preordering them. He sold it I think for about 8k. But it's hard to remember how much hype was surrounding the 84. People were lining up for that car. Literally.

20. Spang308

All joking aside, lets not lose sight of the actual accusation. She claimed he pushed her onto a bed and grabbed her boob with his buddy in the room and they were laughing. Certainly not appropriate behavior by todays politically correct overloaded standards, but hardly an event that would shape the remainder of your time on earth.
    Oh the humanity.
    How many in this thread were trying for 3rd base in high school and it took a few attempts to get to the promise land? I sure as hell wouldn't deny you a job over that accusation or how many beers you drank at senior week in Ocean City.
    Somehow, even those baseless claims morphed into him being a serial rapist and the senators that voted for him support rape culture. Please, THIS shit is what woke the sleeping giant mainstream folks from the flyover states...and not a moment too soon.

R Acree likes this.