1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Toy Hauler

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Kurlon, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Commercial. I saw someone link it on Facebook. I'm not friends with Jake on Facebook so I don't know how to find it.

2. Brian Riemland

Brian Riemland Active Member

[​IMG] This plus a 6x12 would be sweet, may go with this myself if I can get rid of the toyhauler. Just a thought..

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Ah, found it quickly once I went to FB, and... already sold. Isn't quite as converted as what I was hoping for, but very clean still.

Brian - I've looked at those online, there is a slightly longer 19' version as well that is used by the various RV rental places that I could just about swing used, but the idea of a used rental RV scares the crap out of me. The 19' also has dualies in back, I dunno if that shortie with singles has much weight capacity left for towing as built?

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, still in the market. Missed out on a nice rig thanks to my bank, but that's sorted now...

5. racerboy190

racerboy190 Active Member

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I still have mine.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Daniel Surrovetts is selling his Fun Mover.... I think its in the classifieds here....

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, to clarify, at this point I'm looking for a full RV, with the garage in back. AKA a Fun Mover, Outlaw, etc. I'm also going to finance it so I'm playing by the NADA book as my bank does.

Some of these conversions are nice done rigs, but the bank views them as old box trucks only and won't touch them.

9. thedon221

thedon221 Well-Known Member

Dude there is no f'ing way your going to find what your looking for for 20k. Bump it up to 50-70and you'll find something that's not a disaster

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've expanded my budget, I'm maxing out at about 35k, and if it's a ramp door a lift gate isn't required. (Seems like the later units are ramp door now.)

11. thedon221

thedon221 Well-Known Member

Take it from someone who learned the hard way about rv s. They aren't enclosed trailers that are simple fixes when something goes wrong. Your budget even at 35k is about half of what you need to be at the LOW end of what you want. Your looking for a "unicorn" but going to end up with a disaster. Don't buy something cheap, your going to be in over your head, the smallest leak can cost THOUSANDS if not dealt with or found immediately/ properly. Your better off with a nice pull behind and upgrading your vehicle.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Still looking for the unicorn, only found reanimated dead hookers with paper towel tubes taped to their heads or diamond in the diamond pile priced as though they're made out of platinum.

13. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

I call them craigslist millionaires...ever since craigslist came out, everyones crap they could not throw away, they now want their 15 min of fame to become the next millionaire by selling it for 500% above actual value, its a shame.

14. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I’m selling mine. 2015 Avenger 18th it’s totaled length is 24 feet and half ton truck towable. PM me. Asking 15

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Unfortunately even empty and dry it's well over the tow rating on my little truck. In the mean time I'm trying to figure out logistics to get to PA to check out and possibly buy a 31' class C rig that ticks all the right boxes.

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

As requested - I did find my unicorn!

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Pics!

18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I second the motion

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

2007 31' class C with garage. I've got some minor things to do like replace the ye-olde analog only LCD TV, get a new shelf or two for the fridge, tidy up some plumbing and re-engineer the ramp door but otherwise the rig is solid. I've used it for four weekends now and it is a game changer as far as reducing stress at the track. Now that I found the metal rack and drip pan for the comb convection microwave I expect to expand my dinner options even more... :D Also, the keyring was a gift from a friend, sourced and ordered while I was in the room with them chatting about my new toy and lamenting having to find a new keychain. I saw a cellphone getting passed around but assumed it was cat pics or similar...

Attached Files:

Jon Wilkens, Phl218 and Lawdog78 like this.
  20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

What's the going price for a unicorn like that?