Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

IMO, I believe something happened to Ford and I can see her feeling powerless in her town in 1982 to do anything about it. I can also see the letter she wrote in July being an attempt to stick up for herself when she couldn't 36 years ago. I can't in any way get behind sitting on this to draw out a process and use the woman in this way. Everything would have, could have, should have been handled immediately and behind closed doors when this info came forward. If that occurred and Ford was adamant about her desire to testify should Kavanaugh be nominated, then go on with the show, but that's not how I understand it to have happened. And this isn't just for the victim but for Kavanaugh as well. People should have to account for these types of accusations, but to be hit in public with an accusation that old is a bit much.

jrsamples, Spang308 and intrcptrrdr like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oh?

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

How about Flake, well, being a flake at the last minute? What is it with Arizona Republicans?

4. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Full disclosure.
    This is twice now where @Chino52405 and I agree on something. I feel icky... :)

Or did someone hack his account :P

jrsamples likes this.
  5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Nope .. and doing it without adding pecans is illegal... somewhere .. or it should be ! :D

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

To vote it out of committee.
    Now apparently Flake flaked and wants further investigation after previously stating he was a yes vote. This affects the confirmation vote. What a shithead. He's not running for reelection so he has no penalty to pay...other than to his conscience and we all know congressman from either side already are running on empty tanks of that.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Based on her testimony yesterday, I think she would disagree with that statement. Regardless of who was in that room.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Give it a couple weeks for the abandonment to set in.

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Which is why I stated that it was my opinion. I stand by it.

10. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

He's already eyeing that Dem VP position for 2020.

11. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Prediction time: Next week the tool of the Deep State called the FBI (Famous But Incompetent) will never say we found nothing there and Judge Kavanaugh looks like he was telling the truth but instead will say they need more time. Also a couple more fruitcakes will surface claiming meaning more investigations.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

There was no no vote; they never even held a hearing. This is a very big difference. You guys act like one side flat out saying "no and I don't care about the qualifications of said nominee" is a first time here. It is absolutely not the case and why some of us see the seed of this fiasco in 2016.
    Rule 20 is a whole 'nother matter (it is still in effect related to Supreme Court nominations, and the partial demise of it was a bipartisan affair).

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

So after the FBI investigation reveals nothing more than what has already been known, how many lib dems are going to vote YES to confirm Kavanaugh?

Exactly.

sheepofblue and Funkm05 like this.
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I think it was sheep that covered this already, but given that no one she claims as a witness supports her claim, BK and his supporting cast denies it, and she can’t provide any further details, what, exactly, is ANYONE going to investigate? How does a delay change ANYTHING from what we know today? Even if the FBI investigates and says they can’t corroborate her claim, do the D’s accept that? Again, this story is “her truth”, which they are accepting without ANY facts, evidence, or corroboration.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

Parental Advisory Notice this could be (and probably is) full on psyop/shock testing (as explained in the Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars book)

this guy is apparently, and self admittedly Mossad:

whatever it is, its worth considering IMO and there is indeed evidence out there that the Blasey-Ford accuser has CIA connections. this is some deep shit here though. says Svetnik is CIA pimp and the gang rapes were set-up and filmed (thats how they roll) and its all an effort to take down Trump.

who knows? exciting times.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Thats just nuts

motoracer1100 likes this.
  17. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Oddly, I almost welcome the investigation. Agree with the Dems in writing that this allegation is the only one that is being investigated, only the 4 witnesses that have given statements will be interviewed by the FBI and that the results of the investigation will be accepted as presented with no further questioning of witnesses.
    If they won't agree to that, they are full of shit, which we all already know they are, and take the vote right now.
    That gives the Reps a valid across the isle compromise and they really have nothing further to lose. Slight concern of an organization that tried to tank an election running the show, but hey...let's be fair here.
    Without those demands being met, they should tell them to pound sand and rally the vote.
    The longer this goes on, the more angry Trump's base grows.

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

What is rule 20?

Yes, lapsed is where they allow the nomination to expire with out calling a vote or hearing.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I say fuck it, pull Kavanaugh and ram Amy Coney Barrett through with a bare modicum of discussion. She's further right, younger, and a woman who will likely have a longer life.

jrsamples likes this.
  20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No. Fuck them. They had the opportunity to get the FBI involved how long ago? They had their chance to bring it to the FBI without punishing Dr. Ford. Instead they held it for political grand standing and basically tortured her and BK (and both their families). All those involved with that can go EAD and DIAF.

R Acree likes this.