1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale’s now available in the USA

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gpstar748, Sep 1, 2018.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

looks stout and capable. Brochure says 10" wheels... I assume zuma sized scooter tires?

3. gpstar748

PMT tires makes a spec tire just for the Ohvale but yes, similar in size!

We stock them.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

do you guys have any demo days coming up? :D

5. gpstar748

Yes we will be announcing some soon!

JBowen33, BROsiah and 2wheeldev like this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Thought about setting up a booth/display with bikes at Timonium flattrack? How do these compare in size to the Kayo 125's?

7. gpstar748

We’ve not thought that far ahead yet but possibly.
    They are about the same size as a Kayo but much better in every single aspect...

8. EDMUND ENRIQUEZ

EDMUND ENRIQUEZ New Member

Actually the Kayo is larger than the Ohvale.

9. EDMUND ENRIQUEZ

This is a picture of my son's Ohvale in front on his Kayo.

Ohvale_resize1.jpg

britx303 and ChouDawg like this.
  10. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Which Ohvale is comparable to the Kayo 125? I see the Kayo offers 1 option.

11. EDMUND ENRIQUEZ

The Ohvale 110 with the manual clutch puts out the same power as a stock Kayo, but it's lighter and handles way better.

12. JTRC51

Awesome, I would expect it to based on the size difference and for the cost differential between the 2. I am trying to decide what makes more sense.. I have a Grom now which I would use to lead my kids around (and eventually chase)..lol

13. EDMUND ENRIQUEZ

That's cool! That how I started, now I can't even chase my son because he is lapping me.

14. gpstar748

A Grom would struggle to keep up with an Ohvale 110. Best trade that thing in for an Ohvale! :)

15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I think the hard part with the Ohvale is the cost. Arent they a little more then double the cost of a Kayo?

16. gpstar748

That's like saying those Pirelli's are double the cost of the Cheng Shin's so I'm gonna get the Cheng Shins. It's not a comparison once you ride them. Apples and Oranges in terms of power, handling, and build quality...the Ohvale is in another league. So yes, the Ohvale is more but with almost everything, you get what you pay for...

Plus parts and accessories are all readily available...and we support the sport :)

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Im not arguing that. But what is the target audience?

At almost 6k is an adult going to look at this over a big bike, and vise versa is there going to be dads dropping 6k to get there kid started or to ride a couple years?

I like the bike, and I hope it takes off.

rk97, BobSaget and 418 like this.
  18. gpstar748

We've been importing them since August and already sold over 20 bikes around the country.

Many of the customers have been adults and the other half are parents for their kids. The target audience is anyone who loves riding!

They provide the same feeling as a big bike without the expense or risk associated with them. I was doubtful of the riding experience at first but my first ride definitely changed my mind!

Last Week likes this.
  19. JTRC51

I can agree with @assjuice cyrus - I totally get that they are in a different league in terms of performance etc. Honda has a huge network/support/etc. and yes, I can buy 2 used Groms or 1 Grom and 2 CRF100's (used) for the cost or 2 Kayo's (feeling would be similar).

I would love to own an Ohvale as they seem very nice and I am sure they run away from the Honda's and Kayo's but it would take other options away from my kids to be able to just get 1 bike. Sad but true from my perspective. Budgeting sucks :(

20. gpstar748

There will be a good used market that will allow more people to pick them up over the next year or two
    Plus we’ll be selling our demo fleet at the end of 2019