1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

10 days in the hospital shot full of morphine for a broken hip worked for me. YMMV. :D

I figured after 10 days without the worst cravings were over. The fact that smoking can slow bone growth were enough to get me to stay away. I like walking without a limp.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I was out in Arion visiting my son. Finished a pack and quit. Spent the next several days just riding. Stop for gas, stop to eat, stop to sleep. Rinse, repeat.

By the time I got home, I was glad I wasn't a smoker.

PS: Couldn't have done it in my truck.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hey, what do you know. My 10 years passed and I didn't even know.

I don't even think about them much anymore. Weird, though, on occasion I'll unconsciously reach up & pat where my shirt pocket would be for a pack when I walk outside.

V5 Racer and Phl218 like this.
  4. 3 years 6 months.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

7 years 2 months here

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Don't miss it, at all.

t11ravis likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Weird posting again in a thread you originally posted in nearly a decade ago. I'm on my 9th month of no smoking and it's going great. Having someone to quit with will really help you through the first few weeks. I had a bet with a coworker to see who could go the longest without smoking since we both wanted to quit. I won that $100 on day two but I really wanted to quit, so kept with it. It is nice not smelling like smoke, or having to try and hide it from the wife. I quit when my daughter was about a year and a half (I NEVER smoked around my daughter) and my son has been born since. The most important part of it for me is my kids won't ever have to know me as a smoker.

Boman Forklift and V5 Racer like this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I quit in December of last year..... Just over 2 Months here.....

V5 Racer likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Excellent...all of you. Coming up on 12 years for me.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

heck, i still miss it sometimes. i think i'm still a smoker, i just don't smoke.

in a new office now, next to the door where all the smokers go outside.
    guy next to me started smoking again.

nah, better not...

11. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

About 10 years for me, I don't miss it a bit. Quitting was one of the more difficult things I've done, but oh so worth it.

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

11th anniversary today, woo hoo.

Now I need to quit eating LOL.

panthercity and Phl218 like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Great job. I quit in 2005. Eating is still a problem...more precisely not eating.

V5 Racer and panthercity like this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Bump.

Everyone still smoke free?

Sad to see some no longer with us for other reasons. :(

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm still cigarette-free.

16. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

My buddy Joe from Lorain, Ohio was diagnosed with weird/rare blood cancer 9 months ago. I quit, got him to quit (40 years of it) I lasted 7 weeks,. He's still cig free but choo choo's like a train on weed. I lasted 5 weeks.

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Nope.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Had about 3-5 cigars in the past year

No cigs

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Will be 6 years next Wednesday. Cold turkey.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I joined the club on August 10th. That was our first day of summer vaca and since I hid my smoking from my wife it seemed as good a time as any. Cold turkey...I was sick and tired of being a smoker. The only time I have an issue is Thursday night jams with my boys because we drink as hard as we jam. I take a cigar and basically play with it. It gives my hands something to do and that's all I need.

I can't ever fathom going back. The thought of a cig actually sickens me.

panthercity and R Acree like this.