1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 GSXR750 SP2???

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dyle, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Ok so my neighbor has a 96SRAD 750 that he thought would outrun my95CBR 600 F3SB. So he threw his title up and well I gave him a spanking. Instead of taking the SRAD like I should've from his big mouth he had an old 94 GSXR750 that was just sitting. It was even locked up. Well some Marvels oil it came lose and we even got it running. Sloppy due to carbs but running none the less. I hears this POS was Suzuki's big mistake. So talking to the loudmouth I took it from and he tells me it's 1 of 500 made that year and that it's supposedly not the average GSXR for that year.That it was part of Suzuki's race platform that year. Something about clear rather than painted forks, extra factory bracing on the swingarm are things you notice different right off. Also the placement of the coils. Other than that I can't see or find any details by running the vin that says anything about this bike being special.
    So all knowing BBS anyone ever hear such a thing? I'm a Honda guy and will always be. But if I've got something rare well sale it time to pay my entry and tire costs next year.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha no such thing as a sp2 gsxr! I have a 93 and they changed the swing arm on the 94. Suzuki made very few limited edition gsxr’s and they certainly didn’t call them “sp2”. The normal gsxr killed everything on the track, they didn’t need to make special editions.

3. Dyle

Thats what I told him. He may have said spr or somethng. But who knows. I sure couldn't find any special info on it.

4. fastedyamaha

They did make an spr limited edition in 1994. They only made 200 of them so they're pretty rare. Visually the only difference that I know of are a black "number plate" on the tale section with a spr logo, magnesium engine covers and the dead give away is 40 mm flat slides. Everything else visually is the same, all the forks that year were blue anodized for the regular model and the spr. Six piston front calipers and the swing arm are also the same for both models. The spr had a close ratio transmission but the only way you could tell that would be to ride it and see if first gear was really tall. I'd imagine the vin tag would have spr on it for the model name but that's only a guess. There was no difference in hp and only a couple pounds less weight so there's no huge performance advantage.

TJS likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

I have never hear of this model. Wiki says the SPR was 10kilos lighter...

6. Dyle

Ok so maybe I did do good in taking the GSXR750SPR over the SRAD 750?
    Because we do have it running. First gear is tall with stock chain and sprocket. It did have carbs attached to airbox under the seat. And the forks are not blue they are not chrome but you know. Also the triple is aluminum. It does not have any plastic street or other wise.

7. fastedyamaha

I would think that’s in comparison to the 93 model which I have and will forever hold the distinction of being the heaviest 750 they ever produced.

8. fastedyamaha

They supposedly only made 200 world wide so it would be pretty unrealistic to actually have one I’d think. Again I would think that the vin tag would have to say spr on it somewhere with the model name. The carbs would look different and be labeled 40mm flatslide.

9. Dyle

They are 40mm but it does have an airbox. But they painted the damn frame so I'm going to tear it down and clean everything. No harm in cleaning it up. Maybe I van get something off the motor. How can I tell if it got magnesium covers. My RC 51 has them.
    Eboz told me it was the least desirable GSXR ever made. But we didn't know about this SPR thing. He swears he has a title with spr on it but yet to provide it.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Flatslides don't mean no airbox...

Dyle likes this.
  11. fastedyamaha

No the 93 is because it’s the heaviest ever made :beer:

You know Eboz is yanking your chain if he offers to buy it! The water pump housing should be aluminum, put a magnet on it and see what you get.

Dyle likes this.
  12. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have had both year bikes and the water buffalo GSXRS after 93 are the biggest POS ever.

trussdude likes this.
  13. fastedyamaha

I have a complete 93 and enough spare parts to build another complete bike. Wish I could find some sucker to take everything off of my hands!

14. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Satan's Prong?

Attached Files:

15. Dyle

No he never offered to buy it lol. Just gave me his opinion on this POS. I think he said something else about using it for target practice.

16. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I wouldn't go as far as target practice....

But a water cooled GSXR? What kinda bullshizer is that? It'll never catch on! :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Throw them in a fire. If they burn bright white, they were magnesium :)

Dyle likes this.
  18. Dyle

lol

19. Dyle

I should've taken the SRAD lol

20. fastedyamaha

It’s not like the srad is worth a million bucks either though :crackup:

Dyle likes this.