1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand the hate on Nickelback

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Sep 16, 2018.

1. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

*raspy Chad Kroeger voice* "Look at this GRAAAAAPH!"

[​IMG]

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

E3C1A8B6-811C-4FDA-8CD3-1667789FC47E.jpeg

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

IMO, I did enjoy Leader of Men and Animal but everything else they did was just too generically poppy and sounded like a rehash of every other damn song on the radio. They did nothing innovative musically and just seemed to bottom feed off the sound of the time. Remember Seven Mary 3? Hoobastank? Brian Setzer Orchestra? Everclear? Hell, Chumbawumba sounded better than those bands.

Honestly, I don't know why the masses decide to jump on the parade of hate.

By the way, Coldplay sucks also.

condon66 likes this.
  4. Resident Plarp

No, no, no, yes.

:D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There’s actually a video of them singing Sad But True at some concert. It hurts my soul :(

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't mean to sound like a hipster dickbag, but i expect nothing less once you've reached mainstream pop-culture fame. same reason you get Prince, Beyonce, Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Guns n Roses, The Police, Pavoratti, Shania Twain, and Lil Wayne on some douchebag mash-up performance at the Super Bowl halftime show.

on top of that... you get Metallica spearheading the effort against pirating music. i guess you gotta protect your income stream and all, but all i could think of was... "class-action lawsuit threats and threating letters from your internet provider....... so metal."

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

but Prince killed it. His performance was the bar all the others should strive to try and hit.

Yzasserina and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  9. Sweatypants

i mean but like... who cares? and that's also missing the point. the point being... they don't ask non-pop, non-mainstream super famous people to do those kinds of things.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

but the average dope isn't going to sit through a Slayer superbowl extravaganza and Slayer is not going to pay the NFL for the right to play the show.

You get what is going to keep the millions from switching over to the puppybowl.

11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I see them as college party/dance type music. There's really no depth to their stuff. Just my opinion but, I'm one of those that don't like their style. I can't stand it actually.

12. Resident Plarp

I’ll admit, the lyrics tell a story very well. And that’s about it. Those assholes be laughing all the way to the bank with briefcases stacked with pussy, and cash. Lots of cash.

13. condon66

condon66 Member well known

We think alike.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Got invited to one of their concerts in a private booth with free food by a friend. I figured "hey, it's free food". Was not disappointed.

15. Sweatypants

NOTHING keeps you from switching to puppybowl (except maybe you had a seizure or your tv exploded. come to think of it, i dunno why anyone would even turn it to the actual superbowl the entire evening... puppybowl has all that you'd need).

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This^^^^^^^ x infinity

It's been YEARS since I heard them and listened to the radio. However, every damn time I turned it on one of their songs was playing. It got to the point I hated them because I was so f'ing sick of hearing the same damn thing over and over and over... I never jumped on any bandwagon as I'm an introvert that doesn't hang out with anyone but my family. I just got sick of them

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's my story with Led Zepplin. Between the radio, the burnouts blasting it from their cars and not being able to escape it, it was and is ruined.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And a bathroom you can play baseball in

Potts N Pans likes this.
  19. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

This is also how I used to feel about Led Zep. Too many asshole dropouts liked it and they were overplayed to death when I was a kid. Took me almost 30 years to be able to listen them again and actually enjoy it for what it is.