1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Can anyone help me find a free Bill of Complaint for VA, Im having no google luck. I want to file first, today, as this will be a fault divorce.

Two kids, 3&6 :Puke:

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

damn, no help here but sorry for you troubles.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Corsa likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

we have a thread for this.

Sorry to hear :(

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Indeed best of luck. Those forms won't help for a contested divorce in VA, and the courts/clerks don't have them either. Get an attorney.

Here's an article on contested divorces...ugh.

https://tingenwilliams.com/2016/virginia-contested-divorce-process/4689

I'm not an attorney, and not in VA. Listening to conference call and googled.

6. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

No contest, she is the driver, apparently she hasn't been in love with me, but *loves me*, for 7 years. Affair just happened. She wants out, I sill love her and want the family to stay together. Im not getting what I want.

7. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

That "love her and keep the family together" is about as good as a man will look in court... if you look desperately(genuinely) concerned for your children's well being during developmental years maybe the judge will throw u a bone over some skank that tells u she loves u . Best of luck brother... time to sell some cars, toys to friends for a dollar each with guaranteed buyback policy

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

According to my admittedly limited google on this, you said "fault" in first post, and VA has very strict interpretations of what they consider uncontested and contested. Having minor children and still cohabiting until like yesterday? throws it into contested. Hard to believe that what she said vis a vis in love vs. love will result in an uncontested divorce. Get an attorney.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It's shittiest thing anyone can do to in a relationship to cheat. If you want out just end the fucking thing. Going out and cheating is some chicken shit and it pisses me off hearing about. ESPECIALLY when there are kids. For Christ sake.

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

And BTW, adultery is grounds for a contested divorce, if you want to go the best defense is a good offense route.

ToofPic and BigBird like this.
  11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How do you prove that though?

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Subpoena. Private investigator. Attorney.

ToofPic likes this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Do this imediately and before you file.

Play dumb with her and tell her you want to make it work.

Get your ducks in a row....then file.

No warning. just like what she did to you

cortezmachine likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She's already way ahead of you when it comes to planning, get a lawyer now.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It sucks no matter the situation. Good luck. Divorce support groups can help regardless of the situation or where you are in the process.

16. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

This! It sucks but it will get better, in time. Don't ever forget that.

Here's one you need to keep with you at all times "Sometimes the one you want the most is the one you are better off without".....

BigBird likes this.
  17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Also,

If you fall for that trap again ALWAYS get a pre-nup drafted up.

Men get the short end of the stick whether with the money/house/kids. Almost every time.

I've never heard a woman leave the court room complaining about fair treatment.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i will say, one of my girl's aunts is about to finalize her divorce... fairly wealthy couple, kids thru college, older. she gave that muh fucka like 2 years "heads up" notice and it was a HUGE mistake. he was immediately like re-mortgaging paid off/fully owned properties that he had/had been renting. he sold his orthodontic practice in downtown DC that's been there like 30 years to his nephew for like $120k. funnelling money out the country... she fucked up big time. i guess she'll still be aiit... maybe... but definitely did not maximize her potential, or what she thought that would potentially be.

19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

dang thats hardcore compared to the dollar car sale i mentioned.... my uncle(litigation lawyer, self represented) still got dicked by the bias of the system (house ,other shit) including clild support.. i was maybe 11 when it happened but his motorcycle advice still sticks for bikes on street(car related injury resulting in massive scar on face) "ride like everyone is out to kill you; because they will whether or not they want to"

20. Yeah. Despite the fact that I’m currently in the separation/divorce phase, I can’t climb on the women-hating bandwagon that is so popular on the Beeb. Men are just as capable of being total asshats in divorce situations. I saw it up close and personal with my parents.

BrentA and BigBird like this.