1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T Presents "You make the call".

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The track keeps going left there, not straight.

Chino52405 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue why he moved to the right that quickly. I see riders do dumb shit all the time. Watched it with good expert riders just yesterday at Road Atlanta - in the wet in the 600 race I saw them visibly yanking their bikes from left to right coming out of 12 onto the front straight - no reason whatsoever to move that abruptly in the dry much less the wet.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Knotcher likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

trying to double apex? Hell if I know, as I said, riders do weird shit all the time. I gave up long ago trying to figure out their thinking since after asking a lot of them most have no clue either :D

backbone and Knotcher like this.
  5. Knotcher

Doesn't seem to comport with rule 1 for passing.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Being on the outside is not without risk.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is what? Once you're past the other rider expect them to run back up next to you?

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

924?

I think ultimately it boils down to two things:
    1) Rider Ahead made a bonehead move and did not ride predictably
    2) Rider Behind was the one passing at the moment of collision, and thus had the responsibility to "make it clean".

You're not wrong to be ticked about the boneheaded line, but that shit happens.

Pixelator likes this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Inside rider lost Balls Mid Turn.... Still up to Punctured Lung rider to pass in a safe Manner since he was behind them... ...

And BTW, Since when are R6's allowed in Clubman???

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

All my road racing was on Bicycles. Large packs, close quarters, etc.

From the very first time I watched the short vid, I thought that the inside rider, who just over took the outside rider, suddenly went way wide- as if an 'oh shit, I'm in too hot', and went wide instead of taking his inside line on the corner.

I'm no one however, so my critique really doesn't count.

11. Knotcher

Rule 1 to me, and what is hammered in the rider's meeting is "Passing rider's responsibility to make a safe pass."

If the pass was made, and the rider behind is off the throttle, how does that inside bike come back so quickly.

Other rider deleted Instagram vid so can't show that.

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

it looks like the inside rider got hard(er) on the brakes after they come into frame. u can see the fork compress a bit further. its almost as if they gave up trying to make the corner and started to go straight.

Chino52405 and Knotcher like this.
  13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The inside entrance to turn 2 (tight left on the paint) at Pacific is the classic "Sully line" (Mike Sullivan). There used to be a series of bumps at the entrance, so the two fast lines were way outside for corner speed or deep inside with heavy braking. Mike liked to pass on the brakes right there, so maybe the passing rider was going for the tight inside line and got spooked and stood it up?

And if I were the passing rider, I wouldn't expect to have the "just passed" rider turn in on me after they broke so early for that turn, based on my experience (in both situations).

14. Knotcher

1. She's riding a borrowed bike.

I'm not ticked about the crash at all. It's the posting of it with assigned blame that night while the dude is in the ER.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

"racing incident"

16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It looks to me like the inside rider ran wide, but without knowing the make up of the corner, I do not know if that is the natural line through there or not.

Banditracer likes this.
  17. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Given the small clip...I'd have to agree with Knotcher. Looks like inside bike blew the corner trying to keep from being passed and gave up on it taking out camera bike.

Pixelator, younglion and Banditracer like this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Did the guy on the inside just decide not to turn the motorcycle?

Pixelator and younglion like this.
  19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Oh, is this Katie's crash?

20. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

not in the least!

not even sure that so called 'pass' was intended, looks to me like that rider was not paying attention or has concentration issues. appears there was no attempt at all to turn.

was that the first lap?